Not clear what kind of strange mood your snapper was in during the Mecum walkthrough. Whatever it was, we came home with some curious finds!
This certainly fits the bill!
Freshly restored to as-new condition outside, the truck looks stellar with its white details over shiny blue-black metallic paint. The cabin is a delightful throwback — also looking absolutely crisp and clean.
1987 Toyota BJ-74 Land Cruiser RHD TURBO Automatic
Lot S168.1 // Kissimmee 2016 // Jan 15-24
1987 Toyota BJ-74 Land Cruiser
– From the Unique Collectibles Collection
– Turbo Diesel engine
– Automatic transmission
– 4-wheel drive
– Old Man Emu suspension
– 33 inch Mickey Thompson tires
– PTO Toyota winch
– IPF headlights
– Restored body in 2016
– All fluids changed
– Clean interior
– Believed to be 160,000 kilometers
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- 2017 Toyota LAND CRUISER – HD Road Test Review + 3 Videos May 29, 2017, 8 pm Driving the incredible Land Cruiser for a week is a major dream-come-true for any car reviewer. So legendary! So rare! Practically speaking, Land Cruiser is also a test of skills to describe – and do this unique machine justice. But all the while? A huge grin on my face and a major thrill to accept this challenge. What makes Land Cruiser so special? For one, it sits proudly atop the Toyota hierarchy in terms of pricing. This is the most expensive Big T by far. Continuous production since 1951 is evidence of enduring appeal. And sure, Land Cruiser’s worldwide…
- 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser – Off-Road & Towing Review – By Matt Barnes February 20, 2019, 3 pm The Toyota Land Cruiser has a loyal global following, and for good reason. It is one of the most reliable, longest lasting vehicles in automotive history. Cruisers are lauded as the ultimate overlanding vehicle. There are many different variants sold throughout the world, but here in the United States, we get one model with one trim level, and only one available option package. Unless you account for the Lexus LX570, which offers a few more features and a more luxurious interior. To test the capability of the Land Cruiser, we decided to head into the desert hills to see…
- 2016 Toyota LAND CRUISER Sports Fresh Design and Big Tech Upgrades August 18, 2015, 1 pm Toyota's loveable Land Cruiser is fresh for 2016 with a variety of cool updates to the style, performance and luxury inside! The Land Cruiser is all new from the A-pillars forward, with a much larger and truckier grille than the current model. The two-piece intake element now includes thick chrome bars extending into the headlamps. It is clearly a much more butch appearance all around, thanks to that grille and the new domed hood. The upper hood now wears a deep rounded edge between the engine cover and the fenders. A dip in the middle of the hood…
- Mecum Florida 2015 Favorites – Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser With Matching Trolley! January 27, 2015, 8 am We're back from some epic adventures last week, and eager to share the wealth of 3000-plus photos taken along the way. We counted at least four FJ40 Land Cruisers at the Mecum 2015 Auctions in Kissimmee Florida, but this sunkissed red example with knobby off-road tires and matching trailer stole our vote. It sold for $35,000. It is interesting to note that the new TRD Pro Tundra echoes this Toyota grille script almost exactly for 2015. Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
- RM Motor City 2014 Highlights – 1976 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser is Flawless, Earns $70k July 30, 2014, 11 am "Icon" or "hall of fame" status for a new automobile is never a sure thing. Those first few hundred models roll out from an engineer's blueprints, down the assembly line, and into global showrooms (relatively) untested and unproven. Will it sell? Will it break down? Time will tell. So nobody claims current cars are icons right away. Even fewer automakers would say: will this truck define the brand (and even 'Made in Japan') in the eyes of global car shoppers from this point forward? Will it be a good reputation? All of these are lofty goals, but ones the…
- Land Rover Heritage Division Launched + Own This 1987 RR Classic For $20k!? April 15, 2015, 11 am We've been trying to find a way to write about this absolutely flawless 1987 Range Rover Vogue SE that is up for sale with no reserve from RM Auctions on May 2, 2015. Have you ever seen a more radiant and almost-brand-new classic Rangie!? Finished in Tuscan Blue, the 1987 model was the USA relaunch model for the brand. Four doors, a fantastic cabin and a driving position so unique and special, anyone would instantly fall in love. Just 150 horsepower from the big Buick-derived Rover V8, but enough to make the RR feel like a king as it…
- 2017 Toyota HIGHLANDER Preview – Revised Styling, New V6 and 8-Speed Automatic March 14, 2016, 11 am Toyota just pulled the wraps of its revised 2017 Highlander ahead of its public debut in New York. The updates are fairly extensive for such a new truck, starting from the streamlined exterior with new lights, grille and tail for the new model year. Under the skin, the base Highlanders stick to their trusty 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic. But the sporty new SE trimline, all four varieties of Hybrid and most others get big improvements in the drivetrain. The 3.5-liter V6 is said to be all-new, but we do not have power or efficiency figures yet. They…
- 2014 Hyundai Veloster REFLEX Brings Exclusive White Finish, Turbo LEDs and DCT Auto for $22k June 2, 2014, 4 pm The special Veloster Hyundai debuted in Chicago has now arrived in dealers nationwide! The Veloster RE:FLEX is a shortcut way to get the hottest-spec and best-equipped Veloster model available -- with standard automatic transmission and all the Turbo's LED style for only $21,650 before delivery charges of about $800. The interior is offered in red or black leather, along with the latest mobile device connectivity and even the giant glass moonroof as standard. The white and chrome finishes are a nice touch to the Veloster RE:FLEX -- and are a sure way to have an exclusive and premium-feeling…
- FT-1 Digital Colorizer – 150 Shades of 2016 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO July 1, 2014, 5 pm Toyota FT-1 Digital Colorizer The FT-1 Concept is the next Supra. It just is. Toyota has commissioned a second prototype in a new color, so we've helped render the stunning Detroit 2014 FT-1 concept in 100-plus other shades to help them pick. Sure, some are better than others. But totally changing the color of a car is not an easy thing to do! Nor is it a standard set of commands, even. Every photo is different in its needs. Surprising is the black - which looks amazing! This is the color most of the final-gen Supra's ended up after…
- Gooding Pebble Beach 2014 – 1967 Toyota 2000GT in White with Original, US-Delivered… August 26, 2014, 11 am If the GT-R is Japan's 'Godzilla' supercar, the 2000GT is the 'Godfather.' Just as lovely and perhaps a bit more special than the Ferrari 275 GTB delivered to Haiti the same year, this 2000GT is definitely one of the rising stars in the classic car world. From values that rarely topped $500,000 until very recently, the $1.15-million earned by this original US car has much room to move upward. Stay tuned in the coming decades: this car will be neck and neck with the Ferrari values that are currently sitting about 4X above any Japanese car -- even this…
- 2016 Toyota S-FR Racing Concept is Trackday Dream – Turbo Triple with 300HP? December 3, 2015, 3 pm Holy cow, how incredibly fun and intense does this new S-FR Racing Concept look! With a cleanly integrated widybody, Supra-sexy sills and air dams, plus a huge wing in back atop a giant GT3 diffuser?! LOVE! Imagine this car with 300-horsepower. Suddenly its insane grip package and centerlock alloys start to make sense. This is all mainly concept-car bluster ahead of the Tokyo Auto Salon event in January of 2016, when this upgraded S-FR will meet the public. The latest rumor is that the S-FR may run a turbo triple versus the 1.5-liter MX-5 four-cylinder we speculated previously. We…
- Flawless 1994 Toyota Supra Twin-Turbo Targa 6MT – RM Amelia 2019 Preview February 6, 2019, 12 pm The excitement for this summer's hottest new sports car is palpable since the Supra bowed in Detroit last month. Base price from $50k, a turbo straight six and handling that is sure to be a purist's delight -- that is the promise from Toyota for the 2020 Supra. Even before the forthcoming Gazoo Racing 'GR' pack comes along with its stiffer springs and giant wing out back. What better time to appreciate and remember the Supra tha really cemented the badge's reputation among performance enthusiasts: the Mk 4. This example is the best and most unmolested example we've seen…