Anyone who has hung on for the wild run of the rev-counter in the latest-gen BMW B58B30 motor knows it is a serious rocketship. Seemingly endless torque and a redline-craving character make it a special engine indeed. So imagine taking it up to crazy levels! This ECU reflash-based powerkit achieves over 400HP with just electronics and a new exhaust out back. Full details below the gallery!
G-Power BMW 40i Tune for M240i/340i/440i
G-POWER GP 40i Limited Edition:
Exclusive customization for the BMW M140i/M240i and 340i/440i
The B58B30 in the 40i models is undoubtedly the spearhead of the latest gasoline powered modular engines from BMW. Becoming an increasingly rare example even in Munich, the straight six-cylinder engine, runs between 326 and 340 HP from the 3.0l capacity in the BMW M140i/M240i and 340i/440i depending on the stage of development. Just like the legendary, high-revving V8 and V10 from the M models, G-POWER once more shows its passion for charismatic BMW engines and honors the straight six power unit with an exclusive customization program: the GP 40i Limited Edition.
G-POWER 440i Gran Coupé (F36) with GP 40i Limited Edition package
- 420 HP/309 kW at 5,750 rpm (+94 HP/69 kW)
- 600 Nm at 4,000 rpm (+150 Nm)
- Top speed: >300 km/h
- 0-100 km/h: 4.2 s
- G-POWER GP 40i Limited Edition: 3,740.00 euros
- V1 performance software with speed limiter removal
- Stainless steel rear muffler
- Velour carpet set
- GP 40i Limited Edition decor set
- G-POWER identity package
- G4 – RS coilover suspension: 1,870.00 euros
- Set of 20″ G-POWER HURRICANE RR forged wheels, incl. 245/30 ZR20 tires: from EUR 6,680.00
(All prices are net.)
This package is strictly limited and only 50 vehicles will feature this exclusive customization. The special edition is not available from the G-POWER online store and can only be ordered directly from G-POWER. Part of the package is a generous increase in performance of the straight six-cylinder engine, thanks to the proven Performance Software V1 in combination with the removal of the speed limiter. The result is 420 HP and 600 Nm of torque on the data sheet. This not only means an increase of 94 HP and 150 Nm as opposed to the standard model, but also another 20 HP and 20 Nm on top compared to regular Performance Software V1!
This power enables the 440i (F36) shown here in the
GP 40i Limited Edition to accelerate to 100 km/h in just 4.2 seconds, while the maximum possible speed reaches well beyond the 300 km/h mark. A stainless steel rear muffler featuring two carbon tailpipes of 90 mm in diameter rounds off the technical modifications on the Gran Coupé.
The GP 40i Limited Edition also includes a set of high-quality velour carpets for the interior and luggage compartment bearing the company’s logos or lettering, as well as the G-POWER identity package, which includes interior badges with serial numbers, license plate holders, as well as emblems and logos for the engine cover, front hood, trunk lid and vehicle key. Exclusive to the GP 40i Limited Edition, the decor set which is also included reinforces the dynamic G-POWER design of the particular car further with additional logos and lettering for its flanks, hood and tailgate.
In addition to the limited customization package, G-POWER has also mounted a set of the popular 20 inch HURRICANE RR forged wheels on the 440i Gran Coupé. The lightweight twin-spoke wheels are fitted with high-performance 245/30 R20 tires. On top of that, a G4 – RS coilover suspension has been installed, which enhances both the look thanks to lowering and handling.
A spectacular video showing the G-POWER 440i Gran Coupé with GP 40i Limited Edition package can be found at the following link:
All additional facts, as well as price and delivery information, can be obtained from:
G-POWER by Infinitas GmbH
Since the company’s founding in 1983, it has focused solely on the tuning of BMW cars and the production of exclusive, handcrafted vehicles. In 2008 G-POWER was integrated into the ASA Group. In 2018 both brands celebrated their 35th anniversary.
G-POWER is now one of the few globally active and highly reputable suppliers of exclusive cars. In cooperation with development partner ASA, G-POWER has developed unique versions of BMW’s most important models, and the world’s most powerful versions of each, which clearly sets us apart from our competitors. G-POWER holds seven world records:
- Fastest BMW sedan with 730 hp G-POWER M5 HURRICANE and a top speed of 360 km/h
- Fastest LPG-powered car with the 660hp G-POWER M5 HURRICANE GS and a top speed of 333 km/h
- Fastest Sedan with the 750hp G-POWER M5 HURRICANE RS on the ATP high-speed oval in Papenburg with a measured top speed of 367.4 km/h. G-POWER exceeded its own record with the 800hp G-POWER M5 HURRICANE RR with a top speed of 372 km/h
- Fastest 4-seater coupe with the 750 hp G-POWER M6 HURRICANE CS and a top speed of 370 km/h
- Fastest station waggon with the 820 hp G-POWER M5 Touring HURRICANE RR and a top speed of over 362 km/h (governed)
- Fastest BMW 1 Series with the 600hp G1 V8 HURRICANE RS and a top speed of over 330 km/h
- Fastest BMW M3 V8 with the 610hp G-POWER M3 SK IICS and a top speed of over 337 km/h
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.