If you ever wondered why Chevy flirts with a mid-engine Corvette so regularly… here is proof positive.
The concept works. The sum of stock Corvette parts flipped to mid-engine is a race-winning car right out of the box. Fast barely begins to capture the experience.
This 2013 GTM Special is the car we most wanted to rip away from the Mecum auction lineup for 2016!
2012 Factory Five GTM Road Special
Lot F276// Kissimmee 2016 // Jan 15-24
2012 Factory Five GTM LS3/480 HP, 5-Speed
– Two stage GM Victory Red 2 paint
– GM performance parts 480 HP LS3 crate engine
– New Mendeola SDR-5 5-speed transmission
– 3.55 limited slip differential
– Cruise control
– CD stereo with USB and satellite capability
– Vintage Air
– Michelin Pilot Sport ZR tires
– Custom rear wing with integrated
– Power coated space frame with built 6-point roll cage
– C5 Corvette donor parts, suspension control arms, brake disks, steering wheel, radiator, rear sway bar, outside mirrors and door handles
– Hawk front rotors and pads
– Adjustable custom front sway bars
– Adjustable Koni shocks with coilovers on each corner
– GMPP crate tuned engine computer
– Custom Kooks exhaust system with cats
– Custom cold air intake
– ISIS computer system
– Telescoping and tilt steering column
– Quick release steering wheel
– Custom interior and headliner to cover roll cage
– Custom sport seats using standard Corvette retractable seat belts
– Forgestar performance aluminum wheels
– Carbon fiber front splitter and side rocker panel extensions
– Custom louvers in hood-grill and rear hatch
– Cooling intakes and exhaust exits
– Curb alert warning system on front of car
– Factory five racing assembly and radio manuals, gauges, transaxle, ISIS and engine books, spiral on master wiring and connectors
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.