Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1992 Ferrari F40
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1967 Ferrari 330GTC in Giallo Fly April 16, 2016, 9 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1967 Ferrari 330GTC in Giallo Fly
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1974 DeTomaso Longchamp April 18, 2016, 8 pm Here is a seriously rare exotic that influenced virtually every American car in the 1980s: the DeTomaso Longchamp. But here's the key detail: this car is a 1974. The 80s Ford Mustang and even Chevy Caprice likely thought their inspiration was a secret thanks to the Longchamp's non-imported status. But what about the Volvo 960 and even the Maserati Quattroporte of the 1980s?! Shameless copies, and now we know the origin of the epoch-defining block styling. DeTomaso's widebody, rear-drive GT coupe proportions fender details are still stunning in 2016. As is the massive cabin width and great luxury throughout. Thankyou…
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1984 LOTUS Esprit TURBO April 16, 2016, 10 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1984 LOTUS Esprit TURBO
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1963 LOTUS Super 7 Cosworth April 18, 2016, 9 am So tiny. So elegant! The Lotus Seven in the flesh is unreal in its engineering purity and basic beauty. The cabin with basic lower seat cushions but hardbacked pieces for both perches? Or the giant, one-piece front fenders. And the elaborate, contrast-creme weatherstripping between its central body and fenders? All exquisite. Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1963 LOTUS Super 7 Cosworth
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 – Photo Flyaround April 16, 2016, 9 pm We wouldn't normally include a midsize crossover in the mix of concours hits out of Kiawah Island 2016. But the GLC is a real fave: real-drive, low-roof stance and air suspension available. This fairly mainstream trimline runs a 2.0-liter turbo four making 241HP and 273 pound-feet of torque to the back wheels. A nine-speed auto and a $39k base price make this a very tempting new option for buyers. No LED headlights or posh DRLs for this $47k example with its 19-inch wheels and other options, though. Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 - Photo Flyaround
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 2016 Porsche MACAN TURBO in Sapphire Blue April 16, 2016, 9 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 2016 Porsche MACAN TURBO in Sapphire Blue
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder – Ingram Collection April 18, 2016, 9 am An authenticity check is very helpful before falling in love with the first 550 Spyder you find out in the real world! And once you find that original, you have to drink in its details throughout. Smoother than a porcelain lion-claw bathtub, with aircraft rivets throughout its cabin and even lightweight drilled mechanicals. Check out that handbrake! The holes reduced its total weight. The carved-out rear decklid is perhaps just as striking as the vehicle's tiny size. Between the semi-sharp rear fender-tops, the rear metal sinks deep and low to the ground. Stunning. Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1955 Porsche…
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1959 Berkeley SE492 – Micromini FWD English Roadster?! April 20, 2016, 4 pm It is difficult to describe how small this car is. The 1959 Berkeley Sports Twosome SE492 is about the size of a normal carnival bumper-car. And perhaps only slightly larger than most PowerWheels children's toys. Its 70-inch wheelbase meets extremely low and narrow overall dimensions -- and is literally dwarfed by some of the bigger classic cars parked nearby. The concept of a lightweight and cheap English roadster was taken to new millimeter-small dimensions during the 1956-1960 production run of the Berkeley automotive venture. The engine of this SE492 is an air-cooled triple making just 30 horsepower. A four-speed automatic…
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1994 Jaguar XJ220 – 60-Photo Animated Flyaround April 17, 2016, 9 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1994 Jaguar XJ220
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder – Viola Black Paint-to-Sample April 17, 2016, 9 pm Painted a one-of-a-kind Viola Black shade to match a favorite purple nailpolish! Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder - Viola Black Paint-to-Sample
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1954 SIATA 200CS Balbo Coupe – Inspired Design and… April 20, 2016, 12 pm Here is a vehicle whose beauty is only surpassed by its rarity. The 1954 Siata Torino 200CS. It has the elegance of many Maserati's, but also the purpose and aeronautical inspiration that made the Aston Martin DB3 and DB4 such hits. And what is this!? No cutlines whatsoever in the back bubble fastback?! Hidden headlamps? These might be the second-ever application of pop-up headlights since they made their first aero-inspired appearance in the Cord 810 of the 1930s. The elegance of a pure, clean upper hood edge would come in vogue by the 1970s, and ride the wave through…
- RM Monaco 2014 Highlights – 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/C by Scaglietti Brings $7.8M June 19, 2014, 1 pm Such a high total makes perfect sense for this daring 1966 Ferrari - one of the last of the dominating 250-derived models to actually see and win races. One of the other 12 cars like this actually took first place at LeMans in its class in 1965, proving beyond any doubt that there was something quite special in the car's mystique. A three-pack of reasons are most logical for explaining the Monaco-topping $7.8-million earned by this immaculate example, and they go beyond rarity. -- Alloy panels were an exotic prospect then and now versus the typical steel-bodied racers, and…