Anything with low-roof and alloy in the name is almost automatically on our shortlist of amazing classics. But with a name starting with Ferari 250GT --- you know you're on to something special.
The cabin of this particular car is outstanding, as is the unbelievably customized two-tone exterior. Very memorable and cool.
1955 Ferrari 250GTE Low-Roof Alloy Coupe
1955 Ferrari 250GT Europa Boano 'Low Roof' Alloy Coupe
- Chassis no. 0447 GT
- Engine no. 0447
- Body no. 19445
220 bhp, 2,953 cc SOHC V-12 engine with triple Weber 36 DCZ3 twin-choke carburetors, four-speed manual synchromesh gearbox, independent coil-spring front suspension, live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 110.2 in.
- The “missing link” between the race and road Ferraris of its era
- A rare early alloy-bodied example on a Europa chassis, with numerous unique features; a Low Roof model
- Built prior to the “production” Boano Coupes
- Formerly owned by Guido Cantelli and Frits Kroymans
- A superior event Ferrari with outstanding provenance