Uh oh! Detroit’s NAIAS is so intense for 2016, we are well past our peak of effective coverage. What comes next? Deep hand and forearm soreness from so much typing. And… alas… into just outright bitchiness about some of the more questionable model reveals. Cough… Acura, cough-cough…
But we will power through! Resist the snark!
Part of that is sharing the latest showfloor photos… en masse. =]
Here are 180 images from press preview day one at the Detroit North American International Auto Show.
NAIAS 2016 – Showfloor MEGA Gallery
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- Part 2 – NAIAS 2016 Showfloor MEGA Gallery – 110 All-New Photos January 12, 2016, 6 pm Some real hotties in here! The first pics of the all-new VFL Force 1 concept by Henrik Fisker are a highlight. As are the Nissan TITAN Warrior Concept and the Raptor Supercrew in frozen white. Also nice to see more angles of the Acura Precision Concept, a car whose design is really expressive and deep in real-life photos versus the initial renders. The beak is still rough, but there is promise here. Part 2 - NAIAS 2016 Showfloor MEGA Gallery
- #NAIAS 2015 Showfloor Gallery – Day Two in 175 Photos! January 15, 2015, 10 am 175 more photos from the Detroit Auto Show! A few at the beginning from the Industry preview the 14th and 15th, with engineers pouring over the competition in very extreme detail. The Detroit auto show opens to the public on the 17th. This gallery is the new slideshow -- so after the new tab opens, the main window is now a slideshow. Next photo: click right-hand side of image. Previous photo; left-hand side. Enjoy! NAIAS 2015 Showfloor Gallery Two
- Update1 #NAIAS 2015 Showfloor Gallery – Day One in 160 Photos! January 12, 2015, 9 pm Press day one is complete, one more to go! Enjoy this 160-photo mega gallery of the hottest debuts, and watch this space for a full docket of press conferences tomorrow as well. The Detroit auto show opens to the public on the 15th. This gallery is the new slideshow -- so after the new tab opens, the main window is now a slideshow. Next photo: click right-hand side of image. Previous photo; left-hand side. Enjoy! #NAIAS 2015 Showfloor Gallery
- Frankfurt IAA 2015 – Showfloor Mega Gallery in 450 Photos September 17, 2015, 3 pm Yes, auto shows are an incredible rush for car lovers: a deluge of new and never-before-seen metal. Scooping even the online mavens, the Porsche Mission E and Mercedes-Benz IAA Concept stayed completely under wraps until their stage reveals. All-new ideas, names and previews of the future will always be a highlight of the shows for the attendees. But for a car hack, covering auto shows is a thankless task. The press days move 400-or-so journalists in lock step between press conferences. Spaced in about 15-minute intervals, the conferences are DULL but suck up 90-percent of your time in pre-show…
- PART THREE – #NYIAS Showfloor Mega Gallery (+150 Photos) March 25, 2016, 6 pm Wrapping up a ridiculously busy week of new car debuts at the New York auto show -- in the best way possible! How? A highball of pure Fireball? By sharing all the great showfloor action in a full-screen mega gallery. Interesting cars in this third installment? The new Camaro ZL1, Abarth 124, Chevy Cruze 5-Door, Nissan TITAN XD Crew Cab with the gasoline V8, more photos of the new Toyota 86 with its fresh nose and LEDs all around, Volvo S90 and even the TITAN Warrior Concept. The 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and new Jeep Grand Cherokee's Summit and…
- PART TWO – #NYIAS Showfloor Mega Gallery (+250 Photos) March 24, 2016, 2 pm Where to start! 100 tons of fresh metal out of New York today! The new GLC Coupe, E43 and C63 Cabrio make a strong style statement. Lincoln Navigator Concept, GENESIS New York Concept, Lexus LC500, the new Hyundai IONIQ line, Maserati Levante and many, many more. Enjoy. PART TWO - #NYIAS Showfloor Mega Gallery (+250 Photos)
- SEMA 2015 – Showfloor Mega Gallery in 288 Photos November 5, 2015, 1 pm SEMA is wrapping up today after a wild showcase of the current aftermarket car business. Highlights are too numerous to mention, but the Ford GT in yellow is my personal favorite sighting. The new MX-5 concepts are pretty fantastic as well. SEMA 2015 - Showfloor Mega Gallery in 288 Photos
- #NYIAS Live – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part One in 222 Photos! March 24, 2016, 9 am Action-packed New York auto show this year! Much new and very hot metal to see and touch, with highlights including the new GT-R, the 911R, Civic Hatchback and Prius Prime. MX-5 RF (retractable fastback) is cool too, as is the new 718 Boxster and Buick Encore with its sharp and premium new LEDs. Also included below is the first look at the new Subaru Impreza, Jaguar F-Type SVR and 2018 VW Tiguan. #NYIAS Live - Showfloor Mega Gallery
- Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Three March 6, 2016, 8 pm Fresh metal in here includes the 2016 Tesla Model X, F-Type SVR, Bugatti Chiron, Lexus LC500h, Toyota C-HR and Volvo V90. Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Three
- Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Two March 6, 2016, 8 pm So, so much hotness in here. Aston Martin DB11, Huayra BC, Apollo Arrow, Remac Concept One, Ferrari GTC4 Lusso, new Spyker and Zenvo's....! Our favorite is split between the new Apollo and the DS E-Tense. Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Two
- Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part One March 1, 2016, 1 pm Highlights in the gigantic, 250-photo gallery below? Definitely the W Motors Lykan Hypersport! Painted to match the Furious 7 hero and attending Geneva for the first time. Others definitely include the Opel GT Concept, VW T-Cross Breeze, Arash AF10 (perhaps), Honda Civic hatchback concept, 2017 VW Up!, SEAT Alteca, Peugeot Traveller and many more! The new Smart Fortwo cabrio is looking sharp in bright baby blue, as are the new C-Class twins in C400 and C43 Cabriolet. Geneva 2016 - Showfloor Mega Gallery - Part One
- MEGA Gallery – 2016 JAGUAR F-Type R AWD Coupe – 300 Photos + 4 HD Videos April 3, 2016, 5 pm It's happening again! The moment I get my paws on a seriously stellar machine, I spend the week moving from photo location to photo location. Running psuedo-errands like I just got my license. And a shooting rush of serotonin at every M16-rifle blast of exhaust noise and 1.5-G of pressure to my internal accelerometer. Fighting a smile is impossible. Muffling a laugh is always a challenge too, for this, my favorite machine of all time. BEST. CAR. EVER. Already in quotes saying the F-Type R AWD Coupe is "the fastest, most beautiful vehicle I've ever driven..." And that…