It is rare to see Japanese cars in the high-dollar auction world, so this Z-car is extra special in that regard. Additionally, as what appears to be a Japanese Domestic Market model, the vehicle is officially a Nissan versus a Datsun as it was sold stateside.
1970 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
14 March 2015
1970 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- RM Amelia Island 2015 Preview – 1968 Toyota 2000GT February 10, 2015, 7 pm The second Japanese car to join RM Auctions Amelia Island 2015 auction? The stunning and very desirable 2000GT from Toyota. 1968 Toyota 2000GT RM Auctions Amelia Island 14 March 2015 1968 Toyota 2000GT Chassis no. MF10L-10189 Engine no. 10225 Body no. 1179
- RM Amelia Island 2015 Preview – 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster February 10, 2015, 8 pm How time flies in the hypercar world! Only seven short years ago, this Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster was the absolute hottest, wildest machine on four wheels. With only 156 miles since new, the original owner clearly thought highly of the car and wanted to maximize its collector potential in the future. But again just seven short years later, he or she is making room in the garage. Perhaps for one of the hypercar class of 2015? 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster RM Auctions Amelia Island 14 March 2015 2008 Lamborghini Murciélago LP640-4 Roadster Chassis no. ZHWBU47S88LA03146
- RM Amelia Island 2015 Preview – 1930 Bentley Blue Train Is Reborn! February 4, 2015, 9 pm Part mystery, part fantasy - but all legend! The Blue Train Bentley is back with this just-finished recreation of one of the most legendary Flying B's ever made. As the official RM write-up below charts, the car was created the beat one of the quickest trains on a route to France. This might seem easy today, with six-lane motorways throughout the world and pavement allowing high-speed progress for even the most unskilled drivers. But in the 1930s, the idea of averaging more than 90-mph in a car, across long distances, was pure fantasy and hyperbole. Like something right out…
- RM Amelia Island 2015 Preview – 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500-540K Cabriolet A by Sindelfingen February 5, 2015, 8 pm The Blue Train Bentley heading to RM Auctions Amelia Island event is enough to put anyone in a 1930s supercar mood. This black 540K Cabriolet certainly qualifies in this low-roof, huge-length archetype of luxury cruisers able to hit massive speed. And bonus? This Merc is even a ragtop. 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500/540K Cabriolet A by Sindelfingen Amelia Island 14 March 2015 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500/540K Cabriolet A by Sindelfingen Chassis no. 105384 Engine no. 105384 Body no. 817605 Kommission no. 12847
- RM Amelia Island 2015 Preview – 1956 Arnolt-Bristol Deluxe Roadster by Bertone February 8, 2015, 8 am As ever, these high-dollar auctions are a rare chance to see priceless classics out and about in the real world. This Arnolt-Bristol by Bertone certainly applies -- a run of 143 total rebodies of the Bristol 404 completed to order by Bertone in Italy. The design shows how an odd chassis package can actually inspire fantastic design solutions. The donor Bristol had a particularly tall engine, which needed to be shrouded in perhaps the Arnolt-Bristol's most characteristic style: an almost cartoonishly-swoopy panel form. Disguised by the hood scoop, this tall hood profile makes the subtle nose and bulging rear…
- RM Amelia Island 2015 Preview – 1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Speedster by Reutter February 10, 2015, 5 pm Any Porsche 356 in 2015 is almost unbelievably tiny and basic, so the Speedster with its stripped down cabin and tiny glass areas is almost the perfect caricature of a 1950s sports roadster. 1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Speedster by Reutter RM Auctions Amelia Island 14 March 2015 1958 Porsche 356 A 1600 Speedster by Reutter Chassis no. 83814 Engine no. 75350 60 hp, 1,582 cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine with dual Zenith carburetors, four-speed manual transmission, independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars, parallel trailing arms, and tubular shock absorbers, independent rear swing axles with torsion…
- RM Amelia Island 2015 Preview – 1937 Lincoln Model K Convertible Sedan by LeBaron February 10, 2015, 7 pm Here is a gorgeous classic we are excited to even see in person! A V12 Lincoln cabriolet with four doors!? Yes indeed. 1937 Lincoln Model K Convertible Sedan by LeBaron RM Auctions Amelia Island 14 March 2015 1937 Lincoln Model K Convertible Sedan by LeBaron Chassis no. K-8128
- RM Amelia Island Preview – 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 January 18, 2015, 8 pm It is fantastic to see a true icon of LMP1 racing design and achievement up for sale. This 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 is the only remaining example and even won the nearby 1990 Daytona 24-hour race almost exactly 25 years before it will go across the block for RM Auctions in Amelia Island, Florida in early March. 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 Amelia Island 14 March 2015 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 Chassis no. TWR-J12C-388 The sole remaining original of only two purpose-built IMSA specification XJR-9s constructed, chassis 388 enjoyed huge record of success through 1988, 1989 and 1990 2015 marks 25th anniversary of…
- 1979 Porsche 935 – Gooding Amelia Island 2019 Preview February 25, 2019, 10 am Check out this beauty! The wild paintwork and the massive racing aero dwarf the tiny 911 basis for this racecar. The result is a machine nearly as wide as it is long, and as fire-spitting as any on the world's racetracks. Power is estimated at 650HP, which is more than sufficient to scare the bejesus out of any driver! Favorite details include the oversized rear wheels with the magnesium heat shields in a deep dome shape. And of course the whale tail and slant-nose front aero. The silhouette is a thing of a million study-hall daydreams -- but brought…
- Amelia Island 2015 – 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 March 20, 2015, 7 pm The journey for Porsche to LeMans glory starting in 1970 is almost a textbook case of incremental evolution. A new trait here works, so it sticks. A few things lost in the name of ultimate high-speed glory. Seeing the 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 beside a close descendent, the 1968 908K, makes clear how carefully Porsche was refining its alloy spaceframe racecar during the 1960s. They really knew they were on to something with the ultra-low boxer engine masses, mounted right behind the driver for optimal handling. The 2.0-liter six of this racecar shares much of its fundamental design…
- Amelia Island – 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder – Roof Off, LEDs On! March 15, 2015, 7 pm Still captivating and quite special: the Porsche 918 Spyder. Roof off, lights on. Enjoy. The most interesting part of the shoot was seeing the low-beam LEDs of the 918. They are just an explosion of light from within the rather-larger quad-LED elements. It is balanced and menacing and best-in-class for hypercar light signatures. 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder
- 2015 Buick Avenir Concept with 1938 Y-Job in Amelia Island March 15, 2015, 8 pm You can tell Buick is excited about the Avenir Concept when it is joined by the famous Y-Job from 1938! The Cascada ragtop also greeted Amelia Island 2015 guests -- and for the first time, the brand felt right at home with the best cars in the world. 2015 Buick Avenir Concept Amelia Island 1938 Buick Y-Job Concept