Are we noticing a theme in 2015 updates? This is the year of revised infotainment, enhanced ride comfort/quietness, and new LED lighting everywhere you look.
All the cool cars are getting these tweaks to their existing packages, and the 2015 Prius V 5 trim goes one further with LED low and high-beams along with a dapper LED DRL line across the top of the new lamp design. It is fresh and clean, with tweaks in the grille designs and bumpers rounding out the changes to the style outside. Pricing is very similar to the 2014, with base price of about $27,000 and a loaded price of $31,000.
The Prius V still offers a unique offering of ultra-refined, ultra-efficiency Hybrid drive something very few other family-versatile vehicles can match. The competitive set includes the Mazda5, Ford C-Max Hybrid and the new Ford Transit Connect Wagon. Only the C-Max Hybrid and C-Max Energi plug-in come anywhere near the Prius V’s 44-mph city, 40-mpg highway stats.
The upgraded Prius V arrives in showrooms in December 2014 – and is definitely worth a drive. There is just something eerily easy-to-love about the Prius’s relaxed and near-perfect hybrid powertrains. These new changes outside and in take the Prius V to the top of its funky small-van segment on most shopper metrics – bar a third row seat.
Toyota Announces Pricing for Refreshed 2015 Prius v
- New Styling and Product Enhancements Inside and Out
- Entune Audio & Advanced Technology Updates
- Improved Grade Strategy
November 19, 2014
TORRANCE, Calif., November 19, 2014 – The 2015 Toyota Prius v – “the big Prius” – arrives for the holidays with exciting styling and advanced technology enhancements that add sophistication, convenience and a more active feel inside and out. Toyota today announced manufacturers’ suggested retail prices (MSRP) for the refreshed 2015 Prius v.
The base MSRP for the 2015 Prius v will range from $26,675 for the Prius v Two (reflecting a price decrease over the outgoing model) and will top out at $30,935 for the premium Prius v Five. The 2015 Prius v will begin arriving at dealerships in December.
v For Versatility
The 2015 Prius v continues to offer more cargo space than most small SUV’s with the highest combined MPG of an SUV, crossover utility vehicle or wagon. Each grade comes with an array of standard features to meet the needs of a wide range of buyers.
Standard features on the Prius v Two includes:
- Redesigned new front fascia with a black accent lower grille, and distinctive LED tail lamps
- Entune Audio with Entune Multimedia Bundle
- Integrated backup camera display
- 16-inch alloy wheels with full wheel covers with a new premium finish
- SofTex® center console with armrest and storage compartment
- 6-way adjustable driver’s seat with; 4-way adjustable fold flat front passenger seat
- 60/40 split sliding reclining fold-down rear bench seat with adjustable headrests
Prius v Three adds:
- Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite (includes the Entune Multimedia Bundle with SiriusXM All Access Radio with a 3-month complimentary trial and HD radio)
- New full-color 4.2-inch TFT Multi-Information Display
- Driver power lumbar support, passenger seatback pocket and rear seat armrest
- LED accessory lights and auto-on/off headlights
- 3-Door Smart Key System
- Newly designed lower rear bumper treatment
2015 Prius v Pricing
An all-new Prius v Four model is now available and adds:
- SofTex®-trimmed heated front seats; 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support; 4-way adjustable fold-flat front passenger seat
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®
Prius v Five adds:
- A Toyota-first: Single LED projector low and high-beam headlights with LED accent lights and with auto-on/off feature
- 17-inch alloy wheels with a new premium finish
- Integrated fog lights
An updated and high value-added Advanced Technology Package is available on the Prius v Five and features:
- Entune® Premium JBL Audio with Navigation and App Suite – includes the Entune Multimedia Bundle
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Pre-Collision System (PCS)
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA)
- Auto High Beam (AHB)
- Panoramic View Moonroof with power sliding sunshades
- Safety Connect
The 2015 Prius v also adds three new exterior colors including Absolutely Red, Attitude Black Metallic and Toasted Walnut Pearl. The new colors complement a new fabric design that comes in Black or Ash while SofTex® is offered in Bisque, Black or Ash.
The MSRP for the 2015 Prius v does not include the delivery, processing, and handling (DPH) fee of $825. The DPH fee for vehicles distributed by Southeast Toyota (SET) and Gulf States Toyota (GST) may vary.
2015 Prius v
|Model #||Grade||Engine||Transmission||Body Style||14MY MSRP||15 MY MSRP||MSRP Change ($)||MSRP Change (%)|
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.