Some great live photos of many new Chicago debuts here! THe Ford GT stuns in semi-gloss white, while the new Camaro 1LEs look the business, for sure.
The new Prius and Subaru Impreza 5-Door concepts are also cool to see in real-life photos. As is the R8 V10 Plus!
And the Fiat 124… but just one pic of that cutie here.
Best car in the flesh? Perhaps the Genesis Coupe Concept.
Most underwhelming? The Buick Avista. Somehow, the design elegance is not visible here. Very reminiscent of a Tesla Model S — a car begging for a facelift itself.
2016 Chicago Auto Show – MEGA GALLERY
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- Part Two: The TRUCKS – 2016 Chicago Auto Show – MEGA GALLERY February 12, 2016, 4 pm Revised Ram Powerwagon, the new Explorer XLT Sport Pack, Ridgeline and Silverados make up the big action in Chicago for trucks. We have a new RAV4 SE to show, plus soon-renamed Scion C-HR concept and the new Tacoma TRD Pro. The Kia Telluride concept, revised Hyundai Sante Fe and Sante Fe Sport, fresh 2017 Chevrolet Trax.... Don't forget the new Kia Niro mini-ute, and more, too! Part Two: The TRUCKS - 2016 Chicago Auto Show - MEGA GALLERY
- 2015 Chicago Auto Show MEGA Gallery in 151 Photos + Best and Worst in Show February 14, 2015, 6 pm Many reveals of all-new cars and trucks at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show, and perhaps all-time great lineups of performance and luxury cars - both in terms of quality and quantity of cool cars offered. For us, the highlight is the Alfa Romeo stand with its incredible legacy models alongside the new 4C and 4C Spider. The 1967 33 Stradale is extra special, but the pre-war racers are pretty hot too. Worst would have to be the very, very odd Dodge Viper. This showcar advertises the new Viper's 1 of 1 personalization program wherein a buyer can choose any…
- LA Auto Show 2015 – Mega Gallery PART TWO November 19, 2015, 5 pm Huge LA show this year. Many more reveals than typical for this early-season auto show! New Subaru Impreza Concept is pretty sexy, the 2017 Hyundai Elantra and Kia Sportage are fresh, while the new Acura NSX and Honda Civic Coupe are production models already on their way to showrooms around March. The new Prius is also pretty big news for the left coast. Other highlights? The new Mazda CX-9 looks very upmarket, the new Ford Escape is hideous but has a cool blacked-out Sport package for the 2017 model-year. The new AMG SL63 also bowed, but it still looks…
- 2016 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Is Updated for Home-Town Chicago Auto Show February 13, 2015, 1 pm The Chicago Ford assembly plant was both one of the first city-center auto factories outside Detroit, and is now one of the sole surviving plants nearly 100 years later. Located just minutes from McCormick Place where the Chicago Auto Show is held, the Explorer Police Interceptor is a proud home-town hero in the Windy City. The big irony about the Explorer and Taurus cop cars -- officially called the Ford Police Interceptor Utliilty and Sedan, respectively -- is that the Chicago Police have not used them. You'd think they would want the AWD capability, modern fuel-economy and great tech…
- 2015 LA Auto Show – MEGA Gallery in 250 Photos November 18, 2015, 11 pm Worst of show so far? Definitely the 2017 SL63. Best is perhaps the Fiat 124 Spider, or the new Mazda CX-9. Or the new Honda Civic Coupe!!! Just the humdrum EX trim shown so far, but it looks hot and wide and high-tech from all sides. Also lovely to catch any glimpse of the 2017 Ford GT supercar, plus its kid bro the 2016 Focus RS in Nitrous Blue. 2015 LA Auto Show Photos
- LA Auto Show 2014 – Photo Gallery of 80 Cool New Cars December 26, 2014, 9 am Now that it is a full month after the LA auto show, and only a few weeks from Detroit, it seems like many of these images are not going to be utilized in full articles. So that they are not snapped in vain.... here are 137 photos from the showfloor. A few of these are from the tuner/specialist booth outside the LA show proper - but this is where we find Morgan, Galpin Ford and the GTR1, Saleen and other popular brands. Two really cool showcars that have not been covered much? The Black Pearl custom low-rider and the…
- Tokyo Auto Show 2015 – Mega Gallery in 230 New Photos October 28, 2015, 4 pm Some sweet strange at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Show! Fave reveals include the NC2020 in red, plus the Yamaha Sports Ride concept --- which is a mini Pagani for all intents and purposes. Of course, the Mazda RX-Vision is also a fantastic indication of future turbo rotaries returning to the Japanese supercar battle of 2018. Picture it: GT-R vs Supra FT-1 vs NSX vs RX-7 Turbo! On the other side of the power spectrum, the Honda S660 and Daihatsu Copen have potential fresh competition beyond the Yamaha above in a mini Toyota sportscar: the S-FR Concept. Or the mysterious…
- Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part One March 1, 2016, 1 pm Highlights in the gigantic, 250-photo gallery below? Definitely the W Motors Lykan Hypersport! Painted to match the Furious 7 hero and attending Geneva for the first time. Others definitely include the Opel GT Concept, VW T-Cross Breeze, Arash AF10 (perhaps), Honda Civic hatchback concept, 2017 VW Up!, SEAT Alteca, Peugeot Traveller and many more! The new Smart Fortwo cabrio is looking sharp in bright baby blue, as are the new C-Class twins in C400 and C43 Cabriolet. Geneva 2016 - Showfloor Mega Gallery - Part One
- Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Three March 6, 2016, 8 pm Fresh metal in here includes the 2016 Tesla Model X, F-Type SVR, Bugatti Chiron, Lexus LC500h, Toyota C-HR and Volvo V90. Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Three
- Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Two March 6, 2016, 8 pm So, so much hotness in here. Aston Martin DB11, Huayra BC, Apollo Arrow, Remac Concept One, Ferrari GTC4 Lusso, new Spyker and Zenvo's....! Our favorite is split between the new Apollo and the DS E-Tense. Geneva 2016 – Showfloor Mega Gallery – Part Two
- Part 2 – NAIAS 2016 Showfloor MEGA Gallery – 110 All-New Photos January 12, 2016, 6 pm Some real hotties in here! The first pics of the all-new VFL Force 1 concept by Henrik Fisker are a highlight. As are the Nissan TITAN Warrior Concept and the Raptor Supercrew in frozen white. Also nice to see more angles of the Acura Precision Concept, a car whose design is really expressive and deep in real-life photos versus the initial renders. The beak is still rough, but there is promise here. Part 2 - NAIAS 2016 Showfloor MEGA Gallery
- SALON PRIVE 2015 Mega Gallery – Part Three September 7, 2015, 10 pm Updated 9.7.15 with 111 New Photos Blenheim palace is rarely upstaged, but LaFerrari, LaFerrari FXX K, McLaren P1 GTR, Aston Martin VULCAN, DBX and DB10, Koenigseggs, Zenvo ST1, Pagani Huayra and a bevy of other hypercars came close. The bubble-top Jaguar won Best-in-Show, but the votes cast obviously skew retro for Concours awards. For hypercar fanatics, the new metal does not come more exotic and exclusive than the 200-plus vehicles on display. Did we mention 2017 Ford GT, GTA Spano, Tramontana, Toroidion, Porsche 918 Spyder, RIMAC concept one, Ferrari's 488, Cali T and Tailor Made F12? Or…