More to follow. Wanted this gorgeous new FIAT online ASAP!
2017 FIAT 124 Spider
ALL-NEW 2017 FIAT 124 SPIDER REVIVES LEGENDARY NAMEPLATE WITH ICONIC ITALIAN STYLING AND DYNAMIC DRIVING EXPERIENCE
- 2017 Fiat 124 Spider returns nearly 50 years after original introduction
- Revival of roadster continues expansion of FIAT brand in North America
- Delivers iconic Italian style with modern adaptation of original Spider legend
- Powered by turbocharged MultiAir 1.4-liter engine for 160 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque, available with manual or automatic transmission
- Available with an array of safety and security features, plus technologies for added comfort and convenience
- First 124 units will be available as limited-production Prima Edizione Lusso
November 18, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider revives the storied nameplate, bringing its classic Italian styling and performance to a new generation. Paying homage to the original 124 Spider nearly 50 years after its introduction, the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider delivers the ultimate Italian roadster experience with driving excitement, technology and safety combined with iconic Italian design.
“There’s no better way to celebrate 50 years of the Fiat 124 Spider than to bring back this iconic roadster, pairing its Italian styling of the past with all of the modern performance and technology of today,” said Olivier François, Head of FIAT Brand, FCA – Global. “The 124 Spider expands the FIAT family, bringing to market yet another head-turning, fun-to-drive vehicle for our customers.”
Engaging driving dynamics through thoughtful engineering
In North America, the Fiat 124 Spider is available with the proven 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo four-cylinder engine, the engine’s first application in a rear-wheel-drive vehicle. The engine delivers 160 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque, and is available with a six-speed manual transmission or a six-speed automatic transmission.
The 124 Spider’s suspension uses a double-wishbone layout in front and a multi-link in the rear, specifically tuned for greater stability while braking and turning. Steering is light and responsive with the use of an electric power assist (dual pinion) system.
The steering and suspension setup, lightweight frame, balanced weight distribution and turbocharged engine combine for a dynamic driving experience. Noise vibration and harshness (NVH) enhancements, including an acoustic front windshield and insulation treatments, also help to deliver a refined, quiet ride.
For an open-air driving experience, the Fiat 124 Spider’s soft convertible top is easy to operate and requires minimal force, much like the original Spider’s top.