First of three custom Hyundai Tucsons for SEMA.
JOHN PANGILINAN CREATES TUCSON ADVENTUREMOBILE FOR SEMA
John Pangilinan, the renowned Southern California tuner known for creating vehicles that blur the lines between lifestyle and automotive, has released details on his 2016 Tucson SEMA build. Dubbed the “Adventuremobile,” the vehicle blends Hyundai’s new crossover platform with a passion for the great outdoors, perfect for the weekend getaway. The car will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA press conference on November 3 at 11:30 a.m. PT, in Las Vegas.
The “Adventuremobile” is just as at home on the daily commute as it is lugging gear up into the mountains for the weekend out of town. Most obvious is the addition of a Treeline Tamarack roof-top tent, with ample room to sleep two campers, and Goal Zero solar panels to power all of their accessories. The exterior has been beefed up with the addition of an Aries bull bar and side steps, Rigid Industries LED lights, and the vehicle has been finished in a BASF army green paint scheme by Strasse Sport. A custom 1.5-in. suspension lift provides greater ground clearance, and Toyo Open Country A/T II tires with RAYS Gram Lights 57DR wheels provide the extra grip needed for the occasional off-road excursion.
Giving the Tucson a power boost, AEM provided an upgraded intake and charge pipe kit, and the engine breathes more freely through a Magnaflow exhaust system.
“Designed with the weekend adventurer in mind, the Tucson was the perfect platform for an ‘Adventuremobile,’” said John Pangilinan. “The build blends performance with the excitement of the great outdoors, without sacrificing daily usability. The vehicle promotes exploration, making it ideal for the daily commute, weekend excursions, and the occasional road trip.”
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on all of this year’s SEMA activity.
- AEM Intake
- AEM Charge Pipe Kit
- Magnaflow Exhaust
- Lucas Oil
- Custom Suspension Lift
- Wilwood Custom Fabricated Brake Kit with Matching Army Green Painted Calipers
- Rays Gram Lights 57DR Wheels, Semi-Gloss Black
- Toyo Tires Open CountryA/T II Tires
- Project KICS Leggdura Racing Lug Nuts
- Project KICS Wide Tread Spacers
- BASF Army Green Paint by Strasse Sport
- Aries Bull Bar and Side Steps
- Thule 47-in. Aeroblade
- Thule Rapid Podium Foot Pack
- Thule Fit Kit
- Treeline Tamarack Constellation Gen2 Roof-Tent
- Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel
- Rigid Industries
- SR-6 LED Lights with Tucson Light Bracket
- E-40 LED Light Bar
- Decals by S&A Design
2016 Hyundai TUCSON AdventureMobile by John Pangilinan
- Katzkin Custom Leather Upholstery
- Seat Belt Planet Custom Army Green Seat Belts
- Truck Vault Storage with Trekpak System
- Goal Zero
- Yeti 400 Solar Generator
- Light-A-Life 350 Lights
- Lighthouse Mini
- Venture 30 Recharger
- VLEDS Lighting
- CTEK Battery Charger
- Car Audio System Built by BP Auto Sound
- SRG1623S Components
- EQS755 Equalizer
- MCD360 Crossover
- WF250D Shallow Subwoofers
- XC1410 Full Range Amp
- XC2110 Sub Am
- EFX Series Multi-Core Interconnects
- EFX Speaker Wire
- EFX Amp Power Kit
- EFX Power and Ground Distribution Block
- Hyperflex Accumat Sound Deadening Material
- MagicMount System
- Scosche Optimized for Outdoors
- reVOLT Dual USB Car Charger
- StrikeLINE Rugged LED Lightning and Micro USB Cable
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.