These last specials of the RS and Agera Final, and Agera One of 1 are all pre-sold. THey are still a fantastic showcase of a marque-defining hypercar.
They may also mark the end of an era to a certain extent, with the new Regera range-topper already in production. The Agera Final models are promised for a late 2017 delivery.
2016 Koenigsegg AGERA
Koenigsegg Agera ‘Final’
Koenigsegg Automotive AB is pleased to announce the creation of a new, completely bespoke limited edition called “Agera Final”. This series will be limited to just three vehicles, which will be the last of the Agera model line.
All three vehicles were sold prior to their announcement at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show.
Building “One of 1”
As its name suggests, the “One of 1” is a unique vehicle that will never be duplicated. It features the following unique, customized and upgraded elements:
- Custom designed top-mounted rear wing with second blade
- Custom designed roof-mounted air intake
- Custom designed Koenigsegg shield mesh at rear • Custom badging on wing, side and interior of vehicle.
- 3D Printed twin-exit titanium exhaust outlet with imprinted “One of 1” name
- Custom designed venturi at rear with adjustable winglets
- Custom designed triple winglets on front bumper
- Custom designed One of 1 front splitter
- Custom designed paint finish with partial clear carbon
- Custom polished aluminum interior switchgear
The Agera Final program has been designed specifically with a view to optimizing the vehicle for the customer’s desired purpose. In the case of the “One of 1”, the customer wanted an Agera that would be as close to a One:1 as possible in performance terms, while retaining the roof window, stowable roof and full luggage space.
The “One of 1” is fitted with an upgraded 1MW engine and weighs just 1380kg with all fluids and fuel on board. Dry weight is 1288kg.
The Koenigsegg One:1 featured front air vents and a top-mounted air intake that were significant in increasing downforce and performance but took away the ability to store the removable roof in the front of the car. Koenigsegg designers worked directly with the owner of the “One of 1” to overcome this compromise and deliver a solution that maintains our unique roof and luggage storage system while still adding aerodynamic and performance benefits.
A new double-blade rear wing, air intake, front splitter, side skirts, venturi and triple-front winglets were all designed specifically for the “One of 1” using computational fluid dynamics to optimize downforce and maintain a fully functional luggage area at the front of the car.
This solution involved customized design, tooling and fabrication of one-off parts that will only be used on the “One of 1” – a truly bespoke approach to create a Koenigsegg that will never be duplicated.
At-cost options, now standard
The Agera Final is a celebration of the Agera range and as the last models to wear the Agera badge, the Agera Final is a limited edition of considerable importance.
It is fitting, then, that the Agera Final models not only receive bespoke aerodynamic treatments, but also have full access to the Koenigsegg equipment list, with all options available as standard equipment at no extra cost.
Popular options, now available as standard on the Agera Final, include:
- The 1MW engine upgrade, which allows customers to feel the full power of the Koenigsegg twin-turbo V8 under foot, with 1,360hp and 1,371Nm of torque available for the ultimate in performance.
- Koenigsegg’s unique Aircore™ hollow carbon fibre wheels, which weigh less than 7kgs each and save over 20kg in unsprung mass compared with Koenigsegg’s lightweight, regular wheels.
- A clear carbon finish, or partial clear carbon, which shows the beautiful weave of the Agera’s carbon fibre body panels, is also available at no extra cost.
A finale worthy of an ovation
The Agera range has consolidated Koenigsegg’s reputation for building the ultimate in performance vehicles ever since its launch in 2010.
- The Agera immediately won acclaim with the Top Gear ‘Hypercar of the Year’ award in its launch year.
- The Agera R set a blistering pace from 0-300-0km/h in just 21.19 seconds in 2011.
- The Agera S saw Koenigsegg debut an industry first with our Aircore™ carbon fibre wheels, which are still the only OEM-manufactured carbon fibre wheels in the industry.
- The Agera range inspired the One:1 series, the first production car with a power-to-weight ratio of 1:1 and a car that set records at tracks around the world. The One:1 also blitzed the 0-300-0km/h record set by the Agera R with a time of 17.95 seconds, more than 3 full seconds ahead of the original mark.
- The Agera RS, with 25 examples to be built, became Koenigsegg’s fastest selling car in January 2016 with all 25 cars sold in just 10 months.
Agera Final models will be built for delivery towards the end of 2017.
Photos by James Holm (www.jamesholm.se)