Everyone wants their new Explorer to look cool and mean, like some kind of crosso between a Raptor and a Range Rover Sport.
But not everyone is willing to pay for the Explorer Sport and its V6TT engine.
XLT Sport Appearance Package!
Despite the awful name, the results of this very-sexy upgrade to 20-inch dark grey wheels, dark grey or black trims all around, and semi-suede sport seats are clear to see.
Still stuck with this ghastly halogen foglights, but that is a quick DIY bulb swap to LEDs if you want.
I stand corrected — the XLT Sport Appearance Pack includes LED fogs! Hooray!
With just the crisp, thin white LED DRLs lit up, this 2017 Explorer XLT Sport pack will be one mean machine. And is likely to clear out the fast lane too…. people will think you’re the Feds!
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Pack
AS SUV DEMAND GROWS, FORD EXPANDS POPULAR EXPLORER LINE WITH NEW XLT SPORT APPEARANCE PACKAGE FOR 2017
- Ford Explorer – best-selling SUV in the world over the last 25 years – adds new XLT Sport Appearance Package for 2017, further expanding Ford’s family of SUVs
- New Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package features dark-accented exterior, including 20-inch Magnetic Gray wheels, grille, mirror caps and rear appliqué, and Ebony Black body side molding
- Interior enhancements include Dark Earth Gray front seats with leather bolsters by Salerno and Miko® suede for inserts and door panels
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 9, 2016 – Giving SUV buyers a fresh option for a sportier-looking ride, Ford adds the new Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package to its popular full-size SUV lineup for 2017. The addition of the package expands Explorer offerings to six models. Other versions include base, XLT, Limited, Sport and the Platinum edition.
Explorer buyers are demonstrating an interest in unique models. Sales of Explorer Sport and Platinum, the two top models, account for approximately 30 percent of Explorer sales in the U.S. market. The new XLT Sport Appearance Package joins the Explorer family beginning this summer.
The 2017 Ford Escape, launching in the coming months, will feature a unique Sport Appearance Package as well.
“Our Sport Appearance philosophy is rooted in the fact that we know exterior appearance is the No. 1 consideration in SUV purchase decisions,” said Omar Odeh, Explorer brand marketing manager. “The XLT Sport Appearance Package is a dramatic offering that gives customers another attractive option.”
The Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package features updates both inside and out:
- 20-inch Magnetic Gray wheels
- Magnetic Gray grille
- Magnetic Gray mirror caps
- Magnetic Gray rear appliqué
- Ebony Black body side cladding
- Black roof rack
- Explorer hood badge
- Dark Earth Gray leather for front seats, including outer bolsters by premium leather maker Salerno; Dark Earth Gray Miko® suede for seat back uppers and inserts with Umber scrim, and door trim inserts; Umber contrast stitching
- Explorer logo floor mats
The 2017 Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package comes equipped with standard XLT features including a 3.5-liter V6 engine, Intelligent Access with push-button start, 10-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support, SYNC® 3, LED fog lamps and much more.
“In the market right now, across all our SUVs, customers are looking for unique colors, wheels and interior appointments,” said Odeh. “We’ve worked closely with Ford Design to deliver a unique look that will resonate with customers.”