First good look today at the 2016 Silverado! The truck is making a real-life debut in Dallas, where it will be vying for attention with the new 2017 Ford Super Duty range.
Both are a bold and futuristic milestone in the evolution of trucks. The two designs feel both quite different, as ever, but share a similar organic brutalism in their bodywork. The Chevy leaves its main fender boxes and glasshouse alone for the 2016 update, but swaps the hood and bumpers on both ends for new, sleeker units. That hood in particular has some awesome sharp inward shaping toward the leading edge of the windshield — making this shapely view something drivers will enjoy from behind the wheel.
The nose is all-new with LEDs and HIDs galore — a veritable dream come true for stylish pickup fans. The other big change is a much deeper and three-dimensional shape for the grille, extending into the bumper in a new and more-modern way versus the current trucks. A variety of unique grille looks are set to join the Silverado range, with just a few of them shown here on an LT in red, LTZ in blue, and High Country shown in a dark mocha.
The new Chevy Silverados are promised in showrooms this Fall — so likely by December 1st or so for the first shipments.
2016 Chevrolet SILVERADO
New for 2016
- New front designs with bold horizontal elements, sculpted hood and LED signature lighting
- HID projector headlamps with LED signature on WT, LS and LT
- High-performance LED headlamps with LED signature standard on LTZ and High Country
- New grille design with specific appearances for different models
- LED taillamps standard on LTZ and High Country
- Available remote locking tailgate
- Power-articulating assist steps available on High Country
- Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmission now available with the 5.3L V-8 engine on LTZ and High Country
- Chevrolet MyLink with an 8-inch-diagonal touch-screen features performance improvements including a faster processor for better performance and Apple CarPlay capability. Android Auto capability coming later in the model year
- Chevrolet MyLink with a new, 7-inch-diagonal touch-screen features performance improvements including a faster processor for better performance, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability (available on base model and standard on LS)
- Wireless phone charging is included on all models equipped with front bucket seats
- IntelliBeam (high-beam assist) and Lane Keep Assist added to the Enhanced Driver Alert Package available on LTZ and High Country
- Black Out Edition (late availability) offered on WT regular cab and double cab
- Available cargo convenience package includes spray-on bedliner, upper cargo tie-downs and cross rails tiered storage system
- Exterior colors: Siren Red Tintcoat, Red Hot and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
2016 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 OFFERS NEW LOOK, ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND EXPANDED LINEUP
The new 2016 Silverado 1500 builds on Chevy Trucks’ legacy of dependability with a dramatic new design, advanced connectivity and enhanced customer-focused technologies.