Feast your eyes on the all-new Rolls-Royce flagship! The new Phantom joins a royal lineage eight generations long. This latest update might be the most radical remake since the gen-7.
An all-new alloy chassis, all-new 563HP, 6.75-litre V12TT and fresh comfort goodies throughout.
Here is a five-minute video flyaround of the all-new exterior details, along with the launch photoset.
Stunning new modernity for the Phantom’s design softens many of the detail elements and lines. Yet pairs this softer, more-streamlined look with a chiseled face and even-wilder proportions. Sharp corner edges contrast nicely up front with a raised central hood that hides the shutlines nicely.
Many more details to follow!
2018 Rolls-Royce PHANTOM
THE NEW ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM
27 July 2017, Goodwood
“From its debut in 1925, a Rolls-Royce Phantom has been the choice of the world’s most influential and powerful men and women, and as a result, a constant presence at history’s most defining moments.
As this next chapter in the Rolls-Royce story opens, the New Phantom points the way forward for the global luxury industry. It is a creation of great beauty and power, a dominant symbol of wealth and human achievement. It is an icon and an artwork that embraces the personal desires of each of our individual customers.”
Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
New Phantom at a glance
- A wholly new, contemporary design interpretation of Rolls-Royce Phantom DNA
- The all-new aluminium ‘Architecture of Luxury’ underpinning New Phantom ensures the architectural and proportional lineage of Rolls-Royce while delivering a whole new level of ‘Magic Carpet Ride’ because it is lighter, stiffer, quieter and more technologically advanced.
- ‘The Embrace’ enhances the sense of occasion and effortlessness of entry into New Phantom. As the patron settles in to the car, an assistant or valet steps forward and lightly touches the sensor on the door handle so it whispers closed of its own accord, enveloping the occupant in ‘The Embrace’.
- ‘The Suite’ re-defines Rolls-Royce comfort and refinement inside – already the benchmark for any mode of conveyance.
- ‘The Gallery’ is an unprecedented new concept in luxury. Reinterpreting the motor car’s dashboard for the first time in 100 years, patrons will be able to commission a truly individual work of art that spans the width of The Gallery in their New Phantom.
- All new 6.75 litre twin-turbo V12 engine is the silently beating heart of New Phantom.
- New Phantom is the most technologically advanced Rolls-Royce ever.
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.