There are a few very tasty 911s in the Gooding Amelia Island 2019 lineup — but this one jumped off the page and right into my heart.
Imagine jamming this 280HP, lifted and skid-plated hero across some loose surfaces! Second to the Dakar 959, we can hardly think of a more iconic off-road 911. This is the livery of a thousand fakes — but here in all its authentic glory. This SC/RS was one of 20 produced for FIA homologation rules. It has had a wild life of racing to win numerous races in 1984 and 1985 before living in Japan until the early 2000s.
One look inside the cabin will make you want to suit up and grab your helmet. Yet with age this stunner could also be legal on the road. Its ballpark pre-auction estimate is around a half a mil, which seems like great value for such a beast.
1984 Porsche 911 SC/RS – Authentic Rothmans Rally Car – Gooding Amelia 2019
1984 Porsche 911 SC/RS
- Built and Raced by David Richards Autosports as a Factory Rothmans Porsche SC/RS
- Sympathetically Refreshed and Maintained Under Current Ownership
- Documented with Invoices, Factory Records, and a Report by Model Expert Prescott Kelly
- A Desirable 911 Competition Variant Finished in One of the Marque’s Most Iconic Liveries
- Perfect for Porsche Marque Events Worldwide
2,994 CC SOHC Air-Cooled Flat 6-Cylinder Engine
Bosch Mechanical Fuel Injection
Estimated 280 BHP at 7,000 RPM
5-Speed Manual Transaxle
4-Wheel Ventilated Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.