Painted a one-of-a-kind Viola Black shade to match a favorite purple nailpolish!
Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder – Viola Black Paint-to-Sample
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder – Ingram Collection April 18, 2016, 9 am An authenticity check is very helpful before falling in love with the first 550 Spyder you find out in the real world! And once you find that original, you have to drink in its details throughout. Smoother than a porcelain lion-claw bathtub, with aircraft rivets throughout its cabin and even lightweight drilled mechanicals. Check out that handbrake! The holes reduced its total weight. The carved-out rear decklid is perhaps just as striking as the vehicle's tiny size. Between the semi-sharp rear fender-tops, the rear metal sinks deep and low to the ground. Stunning. Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1955 Porsche…
- Houston Aftermarket Highlights – 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach Package with XPEL… January 22, 2015, 8 pm The Houston Auto Show has a tuner and aftermarket section to melt even the coldest hearts: exotica galore and customs as wide as a Texas Mile. This Porsche 918 Spyder looks amazing in yellow with the optional Weissach Package - consisting of the huge fixed-wing rear spoiler, gloss-black side spats and other delicious detailing. To keep all this pricey paintwork safe from stones and chips, this car features XPEL Paint Protection film - a self-healing wrap that is completely transparent. The XPEL wrap over yellow here creates a really stunning and deep finish for the paintwork. It all comes…
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 2016 Porsche MACAN TURBO in Sapphire Blue April 16, 2016, 9 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 2016 Porsche MACAN TURBO in Sapphire Blue
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1992 Ferrari F40 April 18, 2016, 9 am Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1992 Ferrari F40
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1974 DeTomaso Longchamp April 18, 2016, 8 pm Here is a seriously rare exotic that influenced virtually every American car in the 1980s: the DeTomaso Longchamp. But here's the key detail: this car is a 1974. The 80s Ford Mustang and even Chevy Caprice likely thought their inspiration was a secret thanks to the Longchamp's non-imported status. But what about the Volvo 960 and even the Maserati Quattroporte of the 1980s?! Shameless copies, and now we know the origin of the epoch-defining block styling. DeTomaso's widebody, rear-drive GT coupe proportions fender details are still stunning in 2016. As is the massive cabin width and great luxury throughout. Thankyou…
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1984 LOTUS Esprit TURBO April 16, 2016, 10 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1984 LOTUS Esprit TURBO
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1967 Ferrari 330GTC in Giallo Fly April 16, 2016, 9 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1967 Ferrari 330GTC in Giallo Fly
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1963 LOTUS Super 7 Cosworth April 18, 2016, 9 am So tiny. So elegant! The Lotus Seven in the flesh is unreal in its engineering purity and basic beauty. The cabin with basic lower seat cushions but hardbacked pieces for both perches? Or the giant, one-piece front fenders. And the elaborate, contrast-creme weatherstripping between its central body and fenders? All exquisite. Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1963 LOTUS Super 7 Cosworth
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 – Photo Flyaround April 16, 2016, 9 pm We wouldn't normally include a midsize crossover in the mix of concours hits out of Kiawah Island 2016. But the GLC is a real fave: real-drive, low-roof stance and air suspension available. This fairly mainstream trimline runs a 2.0-liter turbo four making 241HP and 273 pound-feet of torque to the back wheels. A nine-speed auto and a $39k base price make this a very tempting new option for buyers. No LED headlights or posh DRLs for this $47k example with its 19-inch wheels and other options, though. Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 - Photo Flyaround
- Houston Tuner Highlights – 2015 Nissan GT-R in Imperial Japanese Zero War-Paint January 26, 2015, 8 pm This one is tongue-in-cheek. The Zero livery plays off the Japanese fighter planes of WWII with dark jungle camo and orange aviation-themed tints for the LED accents. In a state as fiercely independent and patriotic as Texas, this nod to Japanese military strength is the ultimate honor for the GT-R -- a giant-killer of a supercar if there ever was one. 2015 Nissan GT-R in Imperial Japanese Army Zero WarPaint
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1959 Berkeley SE492 – Micromini FWD English Roadster?! April 20, 2016, 4 pm It is difficult to describe how small this car is. The 1959 Berkeley Sports Twosome SE492 is about the size of a normal carnival bumper-car. And perhaps only slightly larger than most PowerWheels children's toys. Its 70-inch wheelbase meets extremely low and narrow overall dimensions -- and is literally dwarfed by some of the bigger classic cars parked nearby. The concept of a lightweight and cheap English roadster was taken to new millimeter-small dimensions during the 1956-1960 production run of the Berkeley automotive venture. The engine of this SE492 is an air-cooled triple making just 30 horsepower. A four-speed automatic…
- Kiawah 2016 Highlights – 1994 Jaguar XJ220 – 60-Photo Animated Flyaround April 17, 2016, 9 pm Kiawah 2016 Highlights - 1994 Jaguar XJ220