Finishing out this quick/quirky series of classic wagons with a pair of Mercedes-Benz commercial cars. One a panel van 1952 170VA Station Wagon and the other a LWB 170S-V Ambulance.
The 5-door brought in around $75,000 at the RM Auctions London 2013 sale, where the panel van around $60,000.
1952 Mercedes-Benz 170VA Panel Wagon
8-9 September 2013
1952 Mercedes-Benz 170 Va Station Wagon
To be auctioned on Sunday, September 8, 2013
Sold for £40,320
- Chassis no. 136.074.01413/52
Engine no. 136.923.01602/52
1954 Mercedes-Benz 170SV Ambulance
1954 Mercedes-Benz 170 S-V Ambulance
1954 Mercedes-Benz 170 S-V Ambulance
To be auctioned on Sunday, September 8, 2013
Sold for £50,400
- Chassis no. 136.083.4500485
- Engine no. 136.926.4500520
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- Fast Wagon Classics – 1939 Mercedes-Benz 320 Pullman Limousine April 30, 2015, 12 pm Mercedes-Benz has made many fantastic wagons in its long history, but they hit a sweet spot in the 1930s in terms of perfecting the wagon as a long-distance limo. This black/black LWB Pullman has a huge lounge back seat and even a cloth sunroof to let in the breeze! This car ran a straight six through a four-speed manual transmission, so despite just 77-horsepower the Pullman was happy to cruise up to 85-mph or so -- very quick for the time. 1939 Mercedes-Benz 320 Pullman Limousine RM Auctions London 8-9 September 2013 Lot 150 1939 Mercedes-Benz 320 Pullman Limousine…
- Fast Wagon Classics – 1933 Mercedes-Benz 290 Pullman Limousine April 30, 2015, 12 pm If the previous Pullman was a bit too Bond-villain for you in its black on black, here is another really cool example: a SWB 290 Pullman from six years before. This tasty blue example only sold for a third of the price of its LWB cousin: just $50k for this makes it well-bought. 1933 Mercedes-Benz 290 Pullman Limousine London 8-9 September 2013 Lot 173 1933 Mercedes-Benz 290 Pullman Limousine To be auctioned on Sunday, September 8, 2013 Without Reserve Sold for £28,000
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate Ups Wagon Sexiness, Will It Come To USA? June 1, 2014, 8 am Update1: 5.31.14 Will the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate come to the United States? The answer is most likely a "No." That is because the Mercedes GLA-Class and GLK SUVs have been doing an admirable job hoovering up crossover demand all by themselves. The recent re-arrival of the E-Class Estate to the US market might point in a new direction for the brand, but we still would give the C400 4Matic Estate only a 50/50 chance of coming over with the rest of the new C-Class range when it arrives in late 2014 to MB dealers nationwide. The good news?…
- Road Test Review – 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S-Model Estate is 3.6-Second Wagon! June 9, 2014, 4 pm INTERIOR GoPro Review Info - Part One When it comes to the rarest of Mercedes-Benz AMG cars and trucks, the S-Models are the absolute top of the pops. But the E63 AMG S-Model 4Matic Estate? Perhaps the ultimate in rare supercars - the S-Model Estate is certainly up there with the most-exclusive cars available. By our estimates, fewer than 200 total S-Model E63 AMGs will come to the United States per year, which is a crying shame. The E63 Estate is just one click slower to 60-mph than the S-Model sedan. That makes this the 3.6-second wagon king.…
- 4.8s, 155MPH 2016 Volkswagen Golf R Sportwagen LA Debut – Huge Tease or USA… November 18, 2014, 8 am VW USA really, really needs some cool halo models in the lineup. Endlessly bashed for not bringing over European-market cars, one can't help but feel a bit bad for the VW of America team. They are full-time apologists who are not running the show whatsoever --- and that is not an enviable position for anyone. So the announcement that the Golf R Variant will make its debut in LA is bittersweet. On the one hand, the Golf R is indeed coming to the USA. The Jetta Sportwagen is now the Golf Sportwagen --- so a Golf R Sportwagen…
- 2015 Audi Prologue Avant Concept Shows 4-Door, Fast-Wagon Style Ahead of Geneva Show February 24, 2015, 7 pm We have seen two iterations of the Prologue concept so far from Audi: both coupes with the scale and presence to compete between the BMW 6 series and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupes. With a design that harks back to the low and lean appearance of the Audi 5000 from the late 1980s, the Prologue design does feel much better as a deeply-sloping wagon silhouette. More naturally Audi, but still a bit blah for our tastes. It engenders little to no visual passion or excitement, despite being a clean and pure design. This latest Prologue Avant dramatically decorates the exterior…
- This Exact 1952 Mercedes-Benz W194 Won Lemans March 21, 2017, 3 pm Just parked up on the lawn in front of the Mercedes stand! Read into the details of W194 number 7 and you quickly learn this exact car won LeMans. Impressive! Of course, this tanker aero design hides a Super Light alloy spaceframe with giant structural sills. Escape was via the future-icon gullwing doors. This car went on to race at the Nurburgring and as a timer in the Carrera Panamericana. 1952 Mercedes-Benz W194 Number 7
- The Evolution of Mercedes-Benz Gullwing Supercars in 9 Cars Since 1952 January 8, 2015, 6 pm As the SLS AMG bows out to be replaced by the new AMG GT as the Mercedes supercar, many people are unemotional about the change from gullwing to traditional hinged doors. In this regard, the gullwing doors of the SLS are so iconic that they have become a bit passe as a result. But the special magic of twin, central-hinged doors opening upward and meeting mid-roof is truly a cultural touchstone in the car business. Much as Lamborghini defines scissor doors, Mercedes gullwing doors are a huge part of the 300SL legend -- and therefore the Mercedes legend --…
- Racing Icons – 1954 Mercedes-Benz ‘Blue Wonder’ Race Transporter in 69… February 24, 2015, 1 pm Part publicity stunt, part engineering exercise -- and all fun and playful. The 1950s Mercedes-Benz Racing Division needed a rapid transport vehicle to supplement the big trucks with closed canopies that typically moved racecars and teams among the European circuits. Lower, faster and far more nimble than the big trucks, the Blue Wonder could navigate under any bridge or within any narrow city streets -- areas typically off-limits for a heavy heauler. Powered by a race-ready engine from the 300SL and plopped into Mercedes sedan chassis, the 'Blue Wonder' was billed as the fastest transporter in the world. A…
- Car Mods – BMW Wagon Makeover w/ 3M 1080 Color Wrap & Tints November 12, 2018, 5 pm Quick: name the top three tweaks to make any car cooler overnight? The order is debatable but we’d say tinted glass, up-sized wheels and a fresh paint color. (Half points if you said to debadge and dechrome the beast from nose to tail:) We tackled all five of these mods to give new life to @thewanderingwheelman’s BMW 3 series wagon. The 2007 328Xi Touring is a fairly timeless q-car that still drives like a champ even a decade after it first hit the streets. This was back before turbos took over so the honey wagon runs the smooth and…
- 2014 SEAT Leon Cupra Now Offered in Very Cool ST Wagon January 10, 2015, 11 am Updated 1.10.2015 The sexy Leon ST wagon is now available in the Cupra trim! This cool dynamic and style upgrade includes the availability of the postent Cupra 280 pack and its huge-boost turbo gasoline engine. Six styling packs are also available on the Leon Cupras -- with the Dynamic Grey shown in the press shots an ST Cupra exclusive that is not offered on Leon ST's with lesser engines. We also anticipate the Sub8 performance packs to be offered on the ST wagon - these trims commemorate that the Leon Cupra is the quickest front-drive car of all time…
- 2017 KIA Proceed Concept Brings Hot-Wagon Style to Frankfurt September 12, 2017, 1 pm KIA is really movin' on up in this world. Their Stinger GT AWD promises some real grand touring luxury and speed when it arrives in showrooms next month. And their Euro lineup is stronger than ever thanks to extensive tuning at the Nurburgring. And thanks to a giant crew of German engineers poached from the top carmakers in the world. So this Proceed concept's fast-wagon nature is not too far from reality. Simply GORGEOUS flowing lines, great long-roof proportions and a chopped front overhang make for the stuff of dreams. This bodystyle is headed for production, Kia strongly hints,…