These Sonatas are all pretty tasty – with a full track makeover from Bisimoto and a dark street-fashion widebody from John Pangilinan.
They are both authentic in their missions and show the all-new 2015 Sonata Sport in its most extreme configurations!
Included first are a few real-life snaps of the 2015 Genesis by Toca — which is a dark and menacing VIP mod for the hot-selling Genesis full-size luxury car.
Are any of these as sweet as the AR550 Genesis? That is up to you… but the Ark Performance car is the clear favorite for thisguy.
2015 Hyundai Sonata by BISIMOTO
Bisimoto Engineering Focuses on Strengthening and Reliability to Create Most-Powerful Sonata Ever
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Sept. 22, 2014 – For the third year in a row, Hyundai is partnering with the powertrain gurus at Bisimoto Engineering, this time to create a 708 horsepower Sonata for the 2014 SEMA show in Las Vegas. Bisimoto’s team specializes in extracting huge output from Hyundai’s engines, like the 1000 horsepower Bisimoto Genesis Coupe that was built for last year’s SEMA show.
For this year’s show, the team is using Hyundai’s 2.4-liter “Theta-II” 4-cylinder engine as the starting point for their build. Through a combination of strengthened internal components – forged pistons, connecting rods, a high-revving valve train and camshafts – a high-boost turbocharger, and a fast-burning, flex-fuel diet, Bisimoto will extract 708 horsepower from the engine. Power will be sent to the road through a 6-speed manual transmission. As a total package, the 2015 Bisimoto Engineering Sonata boasts supercar-beating power, with room for three friends to come along for the ride of a lifetime. The vehicle will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA press conference on November 4 at 9 a.m. PT.
“With a proven and efficient 2.4-liter engine as a starting platform and a sophisticated, sleek, four-door design, the 2015 Sonata was the perfect candidate for this year’s build,” said Bisi Ezerioha, owner and chief engineer, Bisimoto Engineering. “Outrageous power is nothing without reliability, and it was a firm goal to retain the reliability that Hyundai is known for. After hundreds of hours of testing, failure analysis and prototyping, 18 new products will be engineered and produced in house to produce 708 horsepower from the Sonata.”
Complementing the extensive overhaul under the hood, Bisimoto wrapped its 2015 Sonata in custom laminated body wrap and graphics. The interior has been given a sporty feel with the addition of racing harnesses, AEM wideband gauges and EK Autoworx interior paint. Rounding out the exterior look is a Bisimoto front splitter and aero package, Fifteen52 18-inch aluminum wheels and Burns stainless exhaust system.
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on all of this year’s SEMA activity.
2.4-LITER THETA II ENGINE MODIFICATIONS
- Bisimoto-tuned 2.4L Theta-II engine
- Bisimoto intake gasket
- Web Level 2.4 camshafts
- Turbonetics TNX 82/64 turbocharger
- Turbonetics blow-off valve
- Turbonetics wastegate
- Deatschwerks 2200cc Injectors
- R&R steel connecting rods
- Arias forged pistons
- AEM Infinity 6 ECU, and smart coils
- Spearco intercooler
- Golden Eagle sleeved block, and intake manifold
- Griffin Radiator
- Supertech valvetrain
- Vibrant Vanjen clamps and stainless hardware
- Magnafuel 750 fuel pump
- ARP head studs
- Portflow custom headwork
- VP E85R Fuel
- Kinsler fuel filters
- PurOl Elite Synthetic Oils
- NGK Iridium spark plugs
- Bisimoto roll cage
- Progress coil-over suspension and sway bar
- Fifteen52 18×8 Tarmac aluminum wheels
- ARP wheel studs
- Bisimoto-spec Action Ironman Clutch
- Extreme Autowerks custom laminated body wrap
- Type 2 graphics
- Bisimoto splitter
- Wasp Composites Aero package
- Denmatic design scheme
- Burns Stainless muffler and hardware
- Bisimoto reservoir socks
- Racepack IQ3 dash
- AEM wideband gauges
- Odyssey ER-25MJ dry cell battery
- Electronics Management mil-spec harness
- G&J braided lines
- EK Auto Worx interior paint
2015 Hyundai Sonata JP Edition
Vehicle Rounds Out Hyundai’s 2014 SEMA Lineup with Los Angeles Attitude
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Oct. 24, 2014 – Delivering on his eye-catching reputation, John Pangilinan revealed his 2015 Sonata for the 2014 SEMA show. The JP Edition Sonata strives to change the perception of what a sedan is by combining high performance driving dynamics with the striking visuals of Los Angeles street art. The design vision for the JP Edition Sonata is featured with the four other Hyundai SEMA builds in this latest video from Hyundai. The car will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA news conference in Las Vegas on November 4, 2014 at 9 a.m. PT.
With an emphasis on maintaining his signature build style, the JP Edition Sonata connects Los Angeles street art culture with automotive enthusiasts. By keeping the stock white paintwork as the visual base, JP wanted to represent a blank white canvas, upon which he would create a work of art. Working in collaboration with Flexfit | BSCMP and Mr. 44, a renowned Los Angeles-based street artist, the trio was able to create a Sonata that reflects a union between equally passionate street art and auto-enthusiast cultures.
“Inspired by a trip earlier this year to the Pow! Wow! Hawai’i art event in Hawaii, I wanted to connect the street art culture to automotive, without going too over the top with a full blown art car,” said John Pangilinan. “This build features a balance of performance products, in-car entertainment with the latest innovations and clean styling, representing the enthusiasts whose cars showcase an extension of their personalities and lifestyles.”
Giving the Sonata a performance boost, John Pangilinan added an AEM cold air intake, a MagnaFlow exhaust kit and a hot charge pipe from Bisimoto engineering. The chassis has been altered with the addition of KW coilovers. A custom, wide body and lip kit from LTMW give the Sonata a more aggressive stance, and the car now sits on 19-in. RAYS Gram Lights 57Getter wheels wrapped in Toyo R888 tires. Rounding out the customization, the front seats have been replaced with RECARO cross sportster seats and BP Auto Sound has added a full audio system with Alpine and Scosche electronics.
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on Hyundai’s 2014 SEMA activities.
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- MagnaFlow Exhaust
- Bisimoto Hot Charge Pipe
- Progress Sport Springs
- RAYS Gram Lights 57Getter Wheels
- 19 x 9.5-in. Front
- 19 x 10.5-in. Rear
- Toyo Tires Proxes R888
- 245/40 R19 Front
- 295/35 R19 Rear
- Custom Widebody and Lip Kit by LTMW
- Custom Vinyl Art by Mr. 44
- The Retrofit Source and Retrofit House Custom JP Edition Headlights with VLEDs
- RECARO Cross Sportster Seats
- Bisimoto Custom-Fabricated Seat Brackets
- Katzkin Re-Upholstery Leather Seats
- Alpine Electronics System built by BP Autosound
- iLX-007 CarPlay Car Stereo
- PDR-F50 4/3/2 Channel Digital Amplifier
- PDR-M65 Mono Digital Amplifier
- SWS-10D4 10-in. Subwoofer
- SPS-610 6 ½-in. Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set
- SPS-610C 6 ½-in. Component 2-Way Speaker System
- Scosche Electronics
- Accumat Hyperflex Sound Damping
- EFX Elite Series Braided Multi-Core Interconnects
- EFX Speaker Wire
- EFX Amp Power Kit
- EFX Ground Distribution Block
- LTMW – www.ltmotorwerks.com
- Flexfit – www.flexfit.com
- Mr. 44 – www.mr44.com
- Jon Sibal Design – www.jonsibal.com
- Brembo Brakes – www.brembo.com/en/Pages/default.aspx
- RAYS / Mackin Industries – www.mackin-ind.com
- Recaro – www.recaro-automotive.com/us
- Alpine Electronics – www.alpine-usa.com
- Toyo Tires – www.toyotires.com
- Bisimoto – www.bisimoto.com
- V-LEDs – www.v-leds.com
- The Retrofit Source – www.theretrofitsource.com
- Scosche Electronics – www.scosche.com
- AEM – www.aempower.com
- KI Studios – www.kistudios.com
- BP Auto Sound – www.bpautosound.com
- Knockaround – www.knockaround.com
- Mophie – www.mophie.com
- Illest – www.illestbrand.com
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.