The monochromatic and gloss-black styling trend continues to gain pace today with the launch of the latest special editions from Aston Martin: the Vanquish Carbon Black and Carbon White.
Sutle tweaks all around add menace to the classical beauty in the Vanquish design, which is overhauled mechanically as well with a new eight-speed automatic and dynamic improvements as well.
The Carbon Black and Carbon White upgrades are available to order and configure now on Aston Martin’s website as the coupe or drop-top Volante.
2015 Aston Martin VANQUISH Carbon
ASTON MARTIN REVEALS VANQUISH CARBON SPECIAL EDITIONS
17 September 2014 – Hot on the heels of the successful introduction of the sought-after new 15 Model Year Vanquish, Aston Martin is revealing two new special edition versions of its ultimate GT: The Vanquish Carbon Black and Carbon White.
Offering Aston Martin’s desirable Carbon Black, or Carbon White, special edition treatment to the Vanquish Coupe or Volante creates a sports car with a powerful road presence to match its 200 mph-plus performance.
A Carbon Black special edition will be one of the stars of the Aston Martin stand at the forthcoming Paris Motor Show and the car on display perfectly accentuates the Super GT nature of Vanquish through a strong dark theme, underpinned by a unique combination of lightweight carbon fibre as standard.
The contemporary Carbon White special edition, meanwhile, also creates a dramatic visual appeal, contrasting the carbon fibre and dark elements against eye-catching Stratus White paint.
Striking new features available as standard for both Carbon Black and Carbon White editions include black window surrounds and ten-spoke gloss black alloy wheels. Inside, the theme continues with a choice of accent colours and materials that showcase a combination of standard carbon fibre features and black hardware.
However the key to these monochrome special editions is the ability to add highlights of colour; through an accent brake caliper, or an accent stitch or welt, giving the customer the freedom to decide how much accent colour to use.
Eye-catching features distinguishing the Carbon editions from their standard Vanquish siblings include an exposed carbon fibre roof panel (coupe only), carbon fibre side strakes and carbon fibre mirror caps and arms. Meanwhile a machined carbon fibre ‘wings’ badge is available for the first time as an option on the special edition cars.
Some of the distinguishing features inside the Carbon special editions include machined carbon fibre sill plaques with Carbon Black or Carbon White logos; a herringbone Carbon fibre facia; black anodised centre stack rotaries; Obsidian Black leather with optional contrast stitching in accent colours and black gearshift paddles with accent coloured leather tips.
Aston Martin Design Director Marek Reichman said: “I’m sure the Vanquish Carbon special edition models will generate a huge amount of interest, and desire, among existing and prospective Aston Martin customers.
“The emphasis on predominantly monochrome design, with subtle accent colours, and the relatively extensive use of exposed carbon fibre perfectly showcases the authenticity and purity of Aston Martin design and engineering.”
Vanquish Carbon Black or Carbon White special edition models are available to order now via Aston Martin dealers in most major markets worldwide.
2015 Aston Martin VANQUISH Carbon Black and Carbon White Editions
• Two-door Coupe body style with 2+0 seating or Volante body style with 2+2 seating
• Extruded aluminium and Carbon Fibre bonded VH body structure
• Carbon Fibre body panels
• Lightweight multi-layer Volante Black fabric roof
• Cast-magnesium door structures
• Single bi-xenon headlamps with integrated LED side lights and direction indicators
• LED light blade tail-lamps
• Exposed Carbon Fibre splitter, diffuser and sill blade
• All alloy quad overhead cam 48-valve 5935 cc V12 • Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
• Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with cross pipes
• Compression ratio 11:1
• Dual variable camshaft timing
• Fully CNC machined combustion chambers
• Maximum power 424 kW (568 bhp / 576 PS) at 6650 rpm
• Maximum torque 630 Nm (465 lb ft) at 5500 rpm
• Coupe Acceleration 0-60 mph in 3.6 sec; 0-100 km/h in 3.8 sec
• Volante Acceleration 0-60 mph in 3.8 sec; 0-100 km/h in 4.0 sec
• Coupe maximum speed 201 mph (324 km/h)
• Volante maximum speed 197 mph (317 km/h)
• Rear mid-mounted ‘Touchtronic III’ eight-speed automatic gearbox with electronic shift-bywire control system
• Alloy torque tube with Carbon Fibre propeller shaft
• Limited-slip differential
• Final drive ratio 2.73:1
• Launch control
• Front ventilated CCM brake discs 398 mm diameter with six-piston calipers
• Rear ventilated CCM brake discs 360 mm diameter with four-piston calipers
• Brake caliper finish – choice of Black, Grey, Red or Yellow
• 3-stage Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
• Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
• Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
• Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
• Traction Control (TC)
• Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
• Positive Torque Control (PTC)
• Front independent double wishbone, coil springs, anti-roll bar and adaptive dampers
• Rear independent double wishbones, coil springs, anti-roll bar and adaptive dampers
• 3-stage Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Normal, Sport and Track modes
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.