Oh yes! Were you growing a bit fatigued with the GranTurismo VisionGT concepts?
Well, brace yourself! We are only about 20-percent of the way through the major manufacturer releases – only Mercedes-Benz AMG, VW GTI Roadster, Mitsu XR-PHEV and a handful of others have been seen so far.
This leaves the vast majority still to come, in a drip feed about once monthly over the next year or more.
Why this slow trickle?
It is to provide space for each car to be driven by people in the game, and room to breath around the other announcements.
Here are a few new images of the VW GTI Roadster to kick things off in style:
So, what is left? Many things. Most of them do not have preview teaser images, but a few do. Here are a few notables below.
My favorite? The Subaru!
Vision GT Concept Car Teasers
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.
You May Also Like:
- First Teasers of INFINITI Vision Gran Turismo Concept December 11, 2014, 2 pm First look at the upcoming Infiniti entry to GT6's Vision Gran Turismo concept collection - and it is quite a stunning piece! The two teaser images so far show a strong resemblance to the Infinti Essence concept from a few years ago, but a likely to evolve the nose dramatically to evoke the more-recent Q80 Inspiration. All of these design ideas are hopefully to be fed into the production 2016 Q60 Coupe, which is strongly rumored for a reveal this winter in Detroit or Chicago. INFINITI Vision Gran Turismo Concept INFINITI Q80 Inspiration INFINITI Essence INFINITI CONCEPT…
- Concept Flashback – 1979 Aston Martin Bulldog vs 2014 Aston Martin DP-100 Vision GranTurismo July 10, 2014, 6 pm Concept Flashback - 1979 Aston Martin Bulldog vs 2014 Aston Martin DP-100 Vision GranTurismo Aston took its future vision and threw it into fast-forward by the mid-1970s and early 1980s. The model range at the time was a mix of the Vantage and the Lagonda sedan - one looking and feeling like it was frozen in 1969, the other, 1999. So one very antiquated, and one ahead of its time. The 1980 Bulldog concept was ostensibly a range-topper; something to leapfrog the competition and bring the Vantage and supercar customer base into a bold and futuristic new decade. Alas,…
- 591HP 2014 Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo – Latest GT6 Concept in 70 Photos! December 8, 2014, 8 pm How did we miss this!? It has been about two weeks since the amazing Subaru Viziv GT concept was revealed for Gran Turismo 6 - but seeing its details up close still quickens the pulse. We absolutely love these chiseled and chopped lines, the proportions of an ultra-low shooting brake, and the detailing throughout. It is a stunning interpretation of the ultimate Subaru track car. The tech details are a turbo 2.0-liter boxer in front, supplemented by twin electric motors in back and a single electric motor in front. The combination delivers 591-horsepower and 593 pound-feet…
- 2019 Aston Martin Vanquish Vision Concept + RB-003 = Mid-Engine Mania! March 5, 2019, 12 pm Aston just whipped the tarps of its fourth mid-engined car in as many years. The Vanquish Vision concept is a fascinating move away from front-engine, rear-drive layouts for the most special of Aston road cars. Another shift is a new V6 that is set to power this vehicle upon arrival in 2022. Aston famously ran straight-six motors for most of its glory days in the 1950s and 1960s so there is definitely precedent for a non-V8 or V12. Lightness is the name of the game for next Vanquish -- and this Valkyrie junior has bonded aluminum structure and bodywork…
- Left-Hand Drive 1967 Aston Martin Wagon!? DB6 Mk I Shooting Brake by Radford – RM… August 8, 2015, 10 pm One of four DB6 Mk 1 Shooting Brakes by coachbuilder Radford will cross the auction block next week in California. This one is even left-hand-drive, making it a dream come true for the right new owner to shoot south down the PCH. 1967 Aston Martin DB6 Mk I Shooting Brake by Radford RM Monterey 13-15 August 2015 Lot 360 1967 Aston Martin DB6 Mk I Shooting Brake by Radford To be auctioned on Saturday, August 15, 2015 $550,000 - $650,000 Chassis no. DB6/S/2688/L Engine no. 400/2613 282 bhp, 3,995 cc DOHC inline six-cylinder engine with triple SU side-draft carburetors,…
- LA Teasers! Scion iM Concept Car Previews New tC + 2016 Acura ILX + Prius V Facelifts October 22, 2014, 11 am First look this morning at the very promising Scion iM concept car for Los Angeles! The 'iM' name of this hot new Scion prototupe is a reference to the brand's new Driven campaign, with fans and Scion drivers encouraged to tweet with the #iMdriven hashtag to show some love. (Not to be confused with Range Rover's #IamDriven contest .. which we did not win. A skydiver from 'ellay' won the trip to Carmel.) So what is this Scion iM concept? It appears to be a hotter and more-aggressive sports car. The deep scoops and lighting elements are heavily FR-S-influenced,…
- Ford Vision Gran Turismo May Recall the 1996 INDIGO Open-Wheel Supercar Concept June 27, 2014, 7 pm The Vision Gran Turismo debuts are coming fast and furious lately - with more than a dozen still to come. The Ford preview is especially intriguing because: a) it is unlike the others in recalling a Formula 3 car's open suspension and open-wheel layout b) Ford makes nothing like this for the road, and probably would not dare to either. Not since the Plymouth Prowler and its V6 AutoStick ate all of our dreams. No open-wheel sports-car concept has even been prominent lately, sadly. Sure, there is the Nissan Bladeglider and Caterham is available in the US from Superformance…
- 2015 Honda FCV Concept + Year of Honda Turbo VTEC and Turbofan HondaJet Arrival January 13, 2015, 3 pm Honda is very re-energized lately. It will take time for the actual products to catch up with the mood inside the halls of America Honda these days, but when they arrive, they should be terrific. After years of a relatively glum and forlorn outlook, there is a palpable sense of future potential in Honda today. The FCV concept is still in its production-engineering mode, as Honda is keen to perfect every detail before the global rollout. This sense slightly delayed the new Acura NSX as well, but we now see it was worth the wait. Honda is diving head-first…
- Concept Flashback – 2001 Chevrolet BORREGO Concept – Reborn Subaru Brat?! April 3, 2016, 1 pm At first sight, the short-wheelbase pickup truck concept from Chevy in the early naughties seems to be a baja or rally variant of some kind of truck in the existing range. Perhaps the S10 or even the Blazer of the 1990s? Surely a small-block V8 up front, right? In fact, this machine is something else entirely. Under its trendy panels and reconfigurable tailgate -- to allow the two-seater to add two more in back -- the Borrego is actually an AWD Subaru under its Chevy-tastic panels. Turbo four and all.... Needless to say, this 'Brat 2.0' was never built...…
- Subaru Tokyo 2015 – All-New VIZIV Future Concept and Impreza 5-Door Concept October 19, 2015, 3 pm Subaru has a new flagship design concept for the Tokyo Auto Show in early November. And despite its familiar VIZIV name, this masculine and high-tech design theme is very fresh. This third VIZIV Concept Future is an interesting preview of a future LWB Outback with seven seats. The powertrain and seating layout are much more Forester size for this sporty concept car, but the intention is a three-row variant of the large Outback platform, versus the smaller Impreza/Forester footprint. Or perhaps just a super-lux future Forester. The cabin is shockingly advanced, as is the powertrain. A next-generation hybrid is…
- Concept Flashback – 2008 Dodge ZEO Was EV Tesla-Fighter January 4, 2015, 8 am The 2008 Dodge ZEO was conceived in a world of $150-per-barrel oil in 2006 and 2007, when the full electrification of the car seemed inevitable. The freedom to run a flat-pack of Li-Ion batteries in the floor of the vehicle offered Dodge a chance to break out of typical packaging constraints. We see some great elements in the ZEO, including its finished four-seat cabin and spectacular doors. But the design is a bit busier than the Dodge ideal, especially around the nose. Lack of air intakes means the ZEO and its crossbar grille just seem a bit scrunched and…
- 700HP, 2.2s 2015 Divergent BLADE Concept – The Tesla of Small-Batch Supercars? June 30, 2015, 11 am Verrrry interesting new supercar concept to share! Meet the 2015 Divergent Microfactories Blade. The product of a Palo Alto-based tech startup, the Blade highlights the rapidly falling barriers to entering the automotive business. One-time giant fixed costs like factories and industrial presses are on the outs thanks to innovations in material science. While billed by many as the 3D-printed supercar, that does not strictly seem to be the case. Yes, many components in the Blade are produced in an unconventional fashion --- but are the truly 3D printed pieces on display, or mostly hidden details? The main chassis evolves…