Wow. Aston really wants to sell these cars. Today.
The N430 upgrade comes in five flavors that are all very modern, exciting and enticing.
The N430 is also visualized and configurable on a this very dashing new website .
I personally really admire the volume and quality of new images, which are far more extensive than Aston has typically provided to the press ahead of special edition models. Without these angles, none of my turntables are possible.(The 5MS table above is comprised of 90 images, for example.)
Big hat tip for this and the RT from @AstonMartin this morning!
Upgrades are excellent and will add visceral appeal to the V8 Vantage via extra power and drama firing on all cylinders
Aston-Martin just revealed some tantalizing 2014 special editions ahead of the Geneva show in early March of this year.
First on the upgrades list is the beautiful and balanced V8 Vantage — which has lost a bit of luster in the face of the firm’s new Vanquish and the insatiable V12 Vantage.
So what are the upgrades for the N430 Vantage?
It is a pretty broad swath of technical, style and exclusivity improvements across the board.
Inspired and named with the “N” for Nordesleife, Aston’s GT racing pedigree might really start to help the balance sheet.
Wild contrast colors for the grille lip and the roof pillars are only the start: that color is also present in the new downforce package, rear diffuser setup, and throughout the interior.
Dark wheels and dark headlight shrouds are also present and delicious.
The extra performance comes from a tuned and dry-sumped version of the V8 Vantage’s engine, with a bump in horsepower from the base car’s 380 up to an estimated 430 horsepower.
Side note: did this engine always have a dry sump and quad cams? Very impressive — and truly race-ready — technology innovations are great to see from Aston.
Both of these numbers pale in the face of the new Jaguar F-TYPE R’s (supercharged) 495HP tally, but the purity, efficiency and durability of natural aspiration is much-preferred in endurance racing.
A tuned and matte-black exhaust promises even more crackles and roars under big throttle inputs — suitably matching the racecar exterior glamour of this limited-release N430 Vantage.
But what if the red or yellow is not your style?
Five flavors of N430 Vantage ensure one that is a flawless match for your dream Aston.
A choice between cabrio and hardtop is in the cards, as well as manual or speedshift paddle-operated automatic transmissions from which to choose.
2014 Aston-Martin N430 — Heritage Livery
2014 Aston-Martin N430 — Race Livery
2014 Aston-Martin N430 — Stealth Livery
2014 Aston-Martin N430 — Trophy Livery
2014 Aston-Martin N430 — Speedway Livery
N430 Mechanical Specifications
- Two-seat, two-door Coupe or soft-cover convertible top body style
- Extruded bonded aluminium VH body structure
- Aluminium, magnesium alloy, composite and steel body
- Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
- Halogen projector headlamps (main beam)
- High Intensity Discharge headlamps (dipped beam)
- LED rear lamps
- All-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 32-valve 4735 cc V8
- Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Fully catalysed stainless steel Sports exhaust system with active bypass valves
- Compression ratio 11.3:1
- Max power: 321 kW (436 PS/430 bhp) at 7300 rpm
- Max torque: 490 Nm (361 lb ft) at 5000 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.8 seconds
- Max speed: 305 km/h (190 mph)
- Rear mid-mounted ‘Sportshift ll’6 seven-speed automated manual transmission with black magnesium paddleshifts or six-speed manual transmission with carbon-fibre gearshift surround
- Alloy torque tube with carbon-fibre propeller shaft
- Limited-slip differential
- Final-drive ratio 4.182:1 (Sportshift ll) 6 or 3.91:1 (manual)
- Front: 8.5J x 19“ Bridgestone Potenza RE050 245/40 ZR19
- Rear: 10J x 19” Bridgestone Potenza RE050 285/35 ZR19
Lastly, as for the F-type comparison: many people would still prefer to pilot an Aston-Martin versus a Jaguar of similar price and performance.
Just a feeling inside from knowing what an milestone you, personally, have reached when blipping open the swan-hinge doors.
James Bond jokes from buddies possible, but so are longing, stare-like glances from sexually-charged pedestrians.
Configure your own N430 at this link, and cruise over to the N430 microsite for a sneak peak at all of this car’s dry-sumped, roaring V8 thrills.
Sadly for one orange/blue fanboy, the Gulf Racing livery is not in the order books… yet! =]
Tom Burkart is the founder and managing editor of Car-Revs-Daily.com, an innovative and rapidly-expanding automotive news magazine.
He holds a Journalism JBA degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Tom currently resides in Charleston, South Carolina with his two amazing dogs, Drake and Tank.
Mr. Burkart is available for all questions and concerns by email Tom(at)car-revs-daily.com.