The revised SpaceShipTwo from Virgin Galactic made its debut this week — towed into the glamorous launch ceremony by none other than the best 4×4-by-far!
The Range Rover Autobiography is a dashingly tiny vehicle versus this rocket-powered space plane. Towing in such a gigantic aircraft is a great showcase of the Rangie’s 7700-pound max tow rating.
Speeds were considerably lower here than normal highway towing…. but there is no better-looking trailer… in the universe!
Range Rover Autobiography – Virgin Galactic SS2 Unity
RANGE ROVER HELPS UNVEIL NEW VIRGIN GALACTIC SPACESHIPTWO AT GLOBAL REVEAL AND NAMING CEREMONY
– Land Rover’s partnership with Virgin Galactic celebrated as Range Rover Autobiography tows new SpaceShipTwo at global reveal and naming event
– Sir Richard Branson on board the luxury SUV as it tows1 the new spaceship – named VSS Unity, by Professor Stephen Hawking – at the Mojave Air and Space Port event in California, USA
– A fleet of Land Rover vehicles currently provides valuable support for the Virgin Galactic team at its base in Mojave and Spaceport America in New Mexico – and will play a key role for future astronauts once Virgin Galactic starts commercial operations.
– Land Rover and Virgin Galactic announced their partnership in April 2014 based on a shared purpose that business can be a force for good
– The companies are developing a number of STEM education programs to inspire the next generation of engineers
(MOJAVE, CA) – February 19, 2016 – Land Rover today helped Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson unveil Virgin Galactic’s new SpaceShipTwo at a special reveal and naming ceremony at their Mojave Air and Space Port base in California, USA.
A Range Rover Autobiography took center stage at the global reveal, towing1 out the new SpaceShipTwo – officially christened VSS Unity – in front of the world’s media, special guests and a group of Virgin Galactic’s ‘Future Astronauts.’
Guests at the unveiling ceremony including Virgin Galactic’s stakeholders, VIP guests and Future Astronaut customers, watched on as Sir Richard arrived in the Range Rover and the new SpaceShipTwo made its global debut. The event also marked the special official naming moment of the new SpaceShipTwo, with Stephen Hawking announcing the name VSS Unity via a specially recorded message.
Announced in April 2014, the tow-out1 of VSS Unity by a Range Rover Autobiography marks the latest milestone in the partnership between the two pioneering brands; a partnership based around a strong British heritage and a true spirit of adventure, but underpinned by a desire to push the boundaries of technical innovation.
A fleet of Land Rover vehicles currently provides valuable support for the Virgin Galactic team at its base in Mojave and will be an important part of its commercial operations for future astronauts at Spaceport America in New Mexico
Stephen Attenborough, Commercial Director at Virgin Galactic said, “Since our partnership began in April 2014, Land Rover has become an integral part of the team’s day-to-day operating environment in Mojave. Therefore, it was fitting that the Range Rover Autobiography took a starring role in today’s events as our new SpaceShipTwo, VSS Unity, made its global debut. We’re looking forward to more collaborations across the business, including STEM programs as well as engineering, design and product initiatives.”