You can really tell that RM photographer Darin Schnabel fell in love with this steel grey speedster.
We did too after seeing is incredible teardrop shape, aero-sculpted fenders and smoothly rounded nose.
Favorite element of the design must be the leather inner fenders. So ingenious and pragmatic — they are touchable pieces of automotive history.
28-29 January 2016
1932 Ford Model 18 Edsel Ford Speedster
Photo Credit: Darin Schnabel ©2016 Courtesy of RM Sothebys
85 bhp, 221 cu. in. Ford flathead V-8 engine with a Stromberg 81 two-barrel carburetor, solid front axle with semi-elliptic leaf spring, solid rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf spring, and four-wheel mechanical drum brakes. Wheelbase: 106 in.
- As written and researched by renowned automotive writer Ken Gross
- The first of three one-off custom speedsters built for Edsel Ford
- Designed by Bob Gregorie and constructed by Ford Aircraft
- Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance award winner
- A highly significant landmark of Ford history and design
- Never before offered for public sale
EDSEL THE ARTIST