Dreams really can come true!
Especially if they are blacked-out GMC pickups! =]
Just a few weeks after we dechromed a Sierra HD All Terrain in photoshop, along comes this stunning new 2016 Sierra ATX.
GMC Sierra HD - Black pack Renderings
The newest Sierra 1500 club-member is is concept-cool take on the outdoorsman pickup theme. This time, the truck is seriously specced up for black ops. New 18-inch wheels, mud rubber, custom side steps, bed box with LED-ready setup for off-road spotlights and LED main headlights. These are above and beyond the locking rear axle, Z71 off-road suspension with Rancho shocks and underbody protector plates.
The look is stunningly gorgeous and well-executed. The doorhandles and body trims are matching paint elements to the six or so colors offered. All other details are blacked out, including the mirror caps, B-pillars and other trims.
A final treat? Sport exhaust for the 5.3-liter V8 engine and its new-for-2016 eight-speed automatic. Power is up 10 ponies to 365 -- plenty to shake any raptors on your trail!
The new All Terrain X package is coming around May of 2016 to showrooms, with pricing and ordering details shared here when available.
2016 GMC SIERRA All Terrain X
GMC today announced the 2016 Sierra All Terrain X – a special edition of the All Terrain model, featuring exclusive premium content that enhances off-road capability and an aggressive, monochromatic appearance.
The All Terrain X’s powerful attitude reflects a popular personalization trend among off-road enthusiasts, executed with the top-range refinement GMC has cultivated for years with models such as the Sierra Denali. Its premium package of monochromatic exterior trim and special equipment offers a customized appearance in a limited-edition model, complemented with GMC’s latest technologies.
The Sierra All Terrain package blends capability with unique style to make a statement on or off road. Highlights include:
- 4WD with Eaton locking rear differential
- Z71 Off-Road suspension package with Rancho monotube shocks, high-capacity air cleaner, Hill Descent Control and underbody transfer case shield
- Rear Park Assist
- Unique grille with body-color surround and tinted chrome accents; body-color front and rear bumpers (rear bumper with corner steps)
- Spray-on bedliner
- All-Terrain-logo instrument cluster
- Inclinometer in the driver information center.
The new Sierra All Terrain X is offered on the 2016 Sierra 1500 4WD crew cab/short box models with SLT trim. In addition to the standard All Terrain content, the “X” package includes:
- 265/65R18SL Mud-Terrain-rated Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac MT tires, designed for off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud, with on-road composure in dry, wet and wintry conditions
- 18 x 8.5-inch black aluminum wheels
- Sport side steps (black)
- Bed-mounted sport bar (black) designed to support the accessory off-road LED lighting package
- High-performance LED headlamps
- Performance exhaust system, which bumps output of the 5.3L V-8 engine to 365 horsepower and adds an aggressive note
- Body-color door handles and body-side moldings
- Black exterior mirrors, belt moldings and B-pillars
- Interior floor liners
- Available colors: Onyx Black, Summit White, Stone Blue Metallic, Iridium Metallic, Crimson Red Tintcoat, Light Steel Gray Metallic.
“Styling is the biggest influence on Sierra customers and the new Sierra All Terrain X builds on that with a more aggressive, personalized appearance that complements its exceptional capability,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “It joins other models such as the new Sierra Elevation and premium Sierra Denali to offers more choices for finding the premium truck that matches customers’ style and capability needs.”
About the 2016 Sierra 1500
GMC’s best-selling truck rolls into 2016 with a fresh appearance that takes its signature premium styling to a higher level – and offers new, advanced engineering features designed to complement its crafted interior.
The new look for the Sierra 1500 offers greater visual distinction among the models and includes new headlamps with GMC signature LED lighting on all models, as well as a new grille design. New technologies include phone integration via GMC IntelliLink, which enhances connectivity and promotes safer driving. It allows smartphone users to connect with applications such as navigation, hands-free messaging and more through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Android Auto is standard on a new 7-inch radio and is coming to available 8-inch radios this spring.
2016 GMC SIERRA All Terrain
Sierra’s 224,139 deliveries in 2015 were up 5.8 percent for the year.
GMC has manufactured trucks since 1902, with innovation and engineering excellence built into all GMC vehicles. The brand is evolving to offer more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including the Terrain small SUV and Acadia crossover. GMC’s highest-volume vehicle, the Sierra pickup, is the most powerful light-duty pickup on the market, and the first full-size pickup to receive the highest-possible five-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration changed its New Car Assessment Program for the 2011 model year. Details on all GMC models are available at http://www.gmc.com/, on Twitter at @thisisgmc or at http://www.facebook.com/gmc.