Jaguar's transition to aluminum has been a godsend for playful and fun handling. Even the big XJ can be thrown around with verve. The flipside of the lightweight alloy? Price, of course.
Luckily, Jaguar is adjusting its 2016 USA lineup's pricing. Big chops in list prices are not really in the calculus -- the max cut is around $3k -- but better standard equipment will take much of the sting out of the options list.
Aluminum is currently at six-year price lows as the global commodities slump takes hold -- so this is not pure altruism on Jaguar's part.
The step is important, though. 2016 will be Jaguar's strongest-ever US lineup. F-Types coupe and ragtop, all-new alloy XF, refreshed XJ and all-new XE to battle the BMW 3 series.
Above all that, Jaguar for 2016 is introducing EliteCare -- a complimentary maintenance program worth about $3k over the five years included. Free oil changes, tire rotations and filters is a nice luxury standard. Led by BMW and even Cadillac these days, the free service program is something many luxury buyers demand these days. For lease customers, the inclusion just makes life peaceful and simple. Going to the dealer is pleasant thanks to no sticker shock for the service bill.
And while Jaguar has been at the top of JD Power quality surveys for almost five years now, the perception of pricey maintenance is still around in the marketplace.
All these changes are very, very welcome. We hope they spur more people to consider Jaguar's best-ever lineup of sports cars this year.
Full pricing for the line is included below... with the XE's base sticker of just $35k particularly attractive thanks to this new formula.
After all this newness for 2016, Jaguar sales should grow by up to 20-percent (including the XE intro).
And for 2017, the arrival of the new F-PACE (Q-Type) SUV to the USA in Summer 2016 might be Jaguar's best-ever pounce on its competition.
JAGUAR 2016 Model-Year Prices
Jaguar-Inspired Artwork Unveiled At Clerkenwell Design Week
JAGUAR PLANS TO TARGET THE HEART OF LUXURY MARKET WITH NEW PRODUCTS, PRICING STRATEGY AND INTRODUCTION OF ELITECARE
Jaguar Announces Plan to Target The Heart of Luxury Market With New Products, New Pricing Strategy and Introduction of Jaguar EliteCare Ownership Package
- Jaguar updates and expands entire 2016MY & 2017MY product line-up featuring all-new or significantly updated vehicles and features
- Jaguar triples U.S. market reach with addition of two new entry-level 17MY luxury vehicles: the XE compact luxury sedan and the F-PACE performance SUV
- All new aluminum-intensive Jaguar XF model joins significantly updated Jaguar XJ and F-TYPE lines for 2016 model year
- New Jaguar pricing strategy focuses brand at the heart of the luxury market, including 17MY Jaguar XE 25t available starting at $34,900
- Starting with the 16MY line-up, every Jaguar will come standard with Jaguar EliteCare coverage, an ownership package offering the best-in-class limited warranty and longest complimentary scheduled maintenance package of any luxury brand in the market, with five-years or 60,000 mile coverage, whichever comes first2
- New marketing campaigns for XF, XJ and Jaguar EliteCare tell story of the brand transformation
- "The Art of Performance Tour" invites consumers in seven cities to test drive the all-new Jaguar XE and see the new Jaguar F-PACE up to six months before their respective on-sale dates
- Jaguar F-PACE will be revealed at the Frankfurt Motor show September 2015; makes its first U.S. auto show appearance at the LA Auto Show November 2015
(MAHWAH, NJ) - September 3, 2015 - Jaguar North America announced today a significant new approach in the U.S. market with new pricing and customer care strategies aimed at transforming the brand's presence as its line-up shifts from three to five models and potential customer reach triples.
"The Jaguar brand is on the eve of a major transformation that will see it dramatically increase its presence in the United States luxury marketplace with an expanded line-up, pricing focused on the core of the luxury market and an all-new ownership package with best-in-class coverage," said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO of Jaguar Land Rover North America. "Today is the beginning of the next generation of Jaguar, as the brand grows from a limited three-model line-up to a more competitive five-product portfolio driven by performance and design. The next six months will see an influx of new products as a result of a deep investment in vehicle development, quality and manufacturing that has fully modernized the brand."
At the heart of today's modern Jaguar brand is the transformation of its line-up into a family of five all-new or substantially refreshed 2016 and 2017 model year luxury vehicles, combining beautiful designs with new driving dynamics, technology and features. The new family of Jaguar vehicles - the second generation XF, the flagship XJ, the F-TYPE sports car, the XE compact luxury sedan and the F-PACE compact luxury SUV -- focuses on the core of the luxury market reaching a far wider range of potential customers than ever before.
Starting with the new 2016 model year vehicles, the Jaguar brand will have an improved competitive value position via steps such as increased standard equipment or new lower MSRP choices by model. The new pricing strategy is exemplified by the all-new 2016 Jaguar XF 35t model which gives customers a V6 powered option starting at a MSRP of $51,900, which is $5,275 or 9 percent lower than the previous generation XF model's lowest priced V6 model at $57,175. Both the 2016 Jaguar XJ and 2016 F-TYPE improving value, up to $7,000 and $11,850 respectively, with increased standard equipment alongside updated features and design elements.
Beginning in the spring of 2016, the Jaguar brand value story further transforms with two new entry luxury vehicles, the 2017 Jaguar XE compact luxury sedan and the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE compact luxury SUV. The 17MY Jaguar XE 25t will be available with an MSRP starting at $34,900, placing it at the heart of the compact luxury sedan market giving it a very strong position versus key competitors. The Jaguar F-PACE will debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show on Sept. 14, at which time its highly competitive pricing will be announced. By adding the XE and the F-PACE in the compact luxury sedan and compact SUV segments, Jaguar will be relevant to a far wider range of potential millennial luxury customers3.
Building on the growth opportunity of new products and more competitive pricing, starting in model year 2016, all Jaguar models will come standard with Jaguar EliteCare, an ownership package with class-leading five-years or 60,000-mile warranty, complimentary scheduled maintenance coverage, roadside assistance and Jaguar InControl® Protect & RemoteTM2.
To support the transformational product, pricing and customer care plan, Jaguar will launch three new marketing campaigns and a consumer test drive experience, all geared to bring the new products and Jaguar EliteCare coverage to market in a meaningful and engaging way.
"Starting this year we will be reaching a far larger target audience that includes a significant number of affluent millennial customers," said Kim McCullough, Vice President of Marketing, Jaguar Land Rover, North America. "Our brand research indicates this audience is already receptive to the brand, and the Jaguar EliteCare coverage will give them even greater confidence that a Jaguar is a smart buy."
PRICING AND VALUE PROPOSITION
The new family of 2016 and 2017 model year Jaguar vehicles will go on sale with an aggressive new pricing structure and value strategy designed to attack the core of every segment. With the new line-up, the brand is underlining its ambitions to be a more attainable luxury brand while maintaining an elevated position among premium makes and continuing to lead in design and performance.
Across the line-up, all Jaguar models will be highly competitive with entry-priced derivatives, lower MSRPs, and increased levels of standard equipment all with the goal of hitting the core of each segment and offering competitive value advantages. Increased value builds on the products key strengths and comes alongside new available technologies such as Instinctive All Wheel Drive®4, lightweight aluminum-intensive architecture, Jaguar InControl® infotainment features5, electric power assisted steering, and soon, diesel technology.
2017MY Jaguar XE 25t: starting at $34,900
- XE Value Proposition:
- Starting prices of $34,900 for the Jaguar XE 25t and $41,700 for the XE 35t gives it very competitive starting points and places it directly in the middle of the range of its respective key competitors' starting MSRPs.
- Jaguar XE 20d diesel - starting at $36,400
2016MY Jaguar XF 35t: starting at $51,900
- XF Value Proposition:
- The second generation vehicle features an all-new entry priced 340-hp V6 model at just $51,900, which is $5,275 or 9% lower than the lowest priced 15MY V6 XF ($57,175).
- At $51,900 for a V6 powered model, the XF 35t is priced directly in the middle of the range of its key competitors' starting MSRPs.
- An all new derivative, the 380-hp XF S model, with added equipment, starts at $62,700
- Future models, including a diesel powered derivative, will be added next year that will bring the entry price point for an XF to under $50,000
2016MY Jaguar XJ: starting at $74,400
- XJ Value Proposition:
- Versus previous model year, the 16MY XJ adds standard features valued at up to $7,000 with new standard features including ventilated front and rear seats, upgraded Meridian™ 825W sound system, full LED and Adaptive Headlights4 with auto high beams and the Jaguar InControl® Touch Pro™ system5.
- With even further added standard features, such as quilted soft grain leather, massage front seats, and traffic sign recognition4, the entry XJL 3.0 Portfolio starts at $83,200 while a comparably equipped BMW 740 Li would cost $85,800; an advantage of $2,600.
2016MY Jaguar F-TYPE: starting at $65,000 for the Coupe Manual and $68,100 for the Convertible Manual
- F-TYPE Value Proposition:
- Versus previous year, the 16MY F-TYPE adds standard features valued at up to $3,550 for F-TYPE and $11,850 for F-TYPE R models, including the top-spec 770W Meridian™ surround audio system, keyless entry and a panoramic roof on coupe models
- F-TYPE Coupe vs. competitively equipped Porsche models
- V6: Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe $73,295 vs. Cayman S at $84,865
- V8: Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe: $106,695 vs. Porsche 911 Carrera S at $131,060
Jaguar EliteCare coverage offers2:
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty (best in class)
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance (longest in class)
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- 5-Year/Unlimited Mile Jaguar InControl® Remote & Protect™
Jaguar will launch two new product campaigns this fall for the XF and XJ, with Jaguar EliteCare being a key supporting message across each. Jaguar EliteCare will also be featured in a below the line campaign that targets customers as they are in the shopping process.
The XF campaign, Not Business as Usual, will feature a global television spot. The XJ campaign, Rare and Meant to Be, will be available online and highlights the vehicle's new enhanced interior. Jaguar EliteCare will be amplified further with an online video featuring the full Jaguar model line-up, including the F-TYPE, XJ, XF, XE and the F-PACE, and showcasing the performance and design that underscore all Jaguar models. The video debuts on JaguarUSA.com on Sept.14, timed to the reveal of the F-PACE.
Print, digital, social and CRM will be supporting assets across the new campaigns. Print executions for the XF and XJ campaigns featuring Jaguar EliteCare messaging will begin appearing in October. Digital banners featuring the rest of the Jaguar line-up will follow in October and November.
"THE ART OF PERFORMANCE" JAGUAR XE TEST DRIVE TOUR
To introduce the Jaguar XE compact luxury sedan to the growing millennial consumer demographic who desire performance and seduction in their luxury vehicles, Jaguar will launch "The Art of Performance Tour: Lights. Camera. Drive!" This seven-city cross-country tour, kicking off in Los Angeles in November, invites consumers to see the full 2016/2017 Jaguar line-up, including the Jaguar F-PACE, and be among the first to drive the Jaguar XE starting six months before it goes on sale. The drive experience will have a cinematic feel that celebrates Jaguar's long standing relationship with movies. The drive of the all-new Jaguar XE will provide consumers with the opportunity to star in their own filmed action sequence as they experience high performance driving on a closed course and on-road handling through a street drive. Their personal film will then be sharable through their social media pages. Consumers can sign up to receive more information about The Art of Performance by visiting JaguarUSA.com/RSVP.
1 All prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
2 Class is cars sold by luxury automobile brands and claim is based on total package of warranty, maintenance and other coverage programs. For complete details regarding Jaguar EliteCare coverage, please visit JAGUARUSA.COM, call 1.800.4.JAGUAR or visit your local Jaguar Retailer.
3 Source: MM-Eye Brand Health Research UK May/Jun 2015
4 These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult the owner's manual or your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for more details.
5 Do not use Jaguar InControl® features under conditions that will affect your safety or the safety of others. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control.
Jaguar is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans and sports cars offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company's vision throughout its storied history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today's Jaguar line-up consists of the Jaguar XE, two-seater F-TYPE, XF sports sedan, and the XJ luxury sedan. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Jaguar website at www.jaguarusa.com.
• The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
• Jaguar Land Rover employs 32,000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
• Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and four advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
• Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA
• Jaguar Land Rover is represented by more than 330 independently operated retail outlets in the USA