Who would argue against this beast winning a Best of Award! This drift special shows amazing workmanship and bonkers performance focus.
1965 Ford Mustang HOONICORN By RTR and Autosport Dynamics
Ken Block's Hoonicorn RTR (4 photos)
Mustang RTR and Vaughn Gittin Jr. teamed up with Ken Block and Hoonigan to create a completely unique, one-off, world’s first performance all-wheel drive 1965 Ford Mustang notchback. The retro-modern AWD "Hoonicorn RTR", was revealed for the first time publicly in the Ford Motor Company booth at SEMA This jaw-dropping vehicle shares the spotlight with Block in his upcoming Gymkhana SEVEN video project.
Built at Autosport Dynamics in Charlotte, North Carolina, the car is based upon a 1965 Ford Mustang notchback—the iconic pony car, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. The car was heavily modified by RTR and ASD Motorsports to feature a 410 cubic inch Roush Yates V8, with 845 hp, mated to a one-off Sadev all-wheel drive system. The styling for the build harnesses a mix of influences and inspirations that include the current crop of WRC cars, DTM cars and even toy cars from Block’s youth. These elements were harnessed through a collaborative effort between Block and RTR—since RTR is known for their Mustang expertise—and incorporated into the build.
HOONICORN RTR SPECIFICATIONS:
- MOTOR: Roush Yates 410 cubic inch Ford V8, 845 hp/720 lb.ft with ITBs
- TRANSMISSION: 6-speed Sadev SC90-24 all-wheel drive transmission with a hydraulic handbrake system
- SUSPENSION: Custom ASD Motorsports-designed geometry and components
- BODY: 1965 widebody Ford Mustang designed by RTR, Ken Block and Hoonigan, ASD Motorsports full tubular chassis, ASD Motorsports custom roll-cage, door bars and front/rear suspension mounts, RTR carbon fiber body panels
- WHEELS: fifteen52 three-piece R40, 18” x10.5”
- TIRES: Pirelli Trofeo R, 295/30/18, custom Ken Block compound