Updated 10.28.14 With Track Drive Video
We were thrilled to get in the new Challenger for some hot laps around Autobahn Country Club — and extra happy it was a V8!
But despite being near the top of the range of many Challengers for 2015, this R/T automatic was greatly outclassed by serious sports cars. The R/T felt fast, but also enormously floaty and very heavy around all corners. There was an odd sense of height in the car at all times – like it was riding too high and had a lofty center of gravity as well.
In corners, there is a big sense of ponderous body lurch as the big Challenger slowly heaves over onto its outside tires. The Challenger’s heavy and slow handling was slightly alarming versus the Mustang GT and Camaro Z/28, not to mention the Jaguar F-Type or the Nissan GT-R.
On the plus side, the cabin felt fantastic with its new dash and steering wheel designs exuding premium materials, while the latest infotainment is a huge upgrade with performance pages available in addition to navigation, audio and climate settings. Some of the fonts seem too large in the uConnect system’s default settings, but this can likely be changed via the display menus.
The tradeoffs for this luxury-car feel would be worth it in the real world, where the Challenger has a new level of comfort and quietness at all road speeds.
Overall, however, at the track the R/T felt very wayward in corners and was most at home in a straight-line dragrace.
Look to the SRT and 6.4-liter 392 Challengers for a harder and more-concentrated suspension feel in corners.
Track Drive Review – 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T
The biggest news for the 2015 Challenger is thew engine/powertrain advancement in all trim levels — not least the 707-horsepower SRT Hellcat supercharged.
But there are huge, huge benefits inside the cabin to close deals with shoppers. While the exterior is barely-altered in the sheetmetal shapes of the body – the cabin is completely fresh in every way.
Big upgrades to drive-ability come with the latest eight-speed ZF automatic up and down the range, which will help with the sometimes-lungy downshift style of the existing model.
Perhaps even more notable than the Shaker, 392 and SRT is how great the base V6 trim level looks and will handle for 2015. A Super Track Pak – deliberate misspelling of the Pak – brings huge wheels and a good road stance to the previously malnourished appearance of the Challenger at the bottom of the range.
The blue car in the photos below is the V6 — but you would be hard-pressed to know it based on its great appearance.
DODGE DEBUTS NEW 2015 CHALLENGER AT 2014 NEW YORK AUTO SHOW
New Challenger Now Offers an Estimated 485 Best-in-class Horsepower, Track-ready All-new 6.4-liter Scat Pack Model, 392 HEMI® Scat Pack Shaker, All-new Interior and Segment-first Standard TorqueFlite Eight-speed Automatic Transmission
- New for 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 punches out an estimated 485 best-in-class horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque via a six-speed manual or new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, Brembo brakes and 20-by-9-inch aluminum wheels
- New 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker combines the ultimate combination of power and heritage cues with a functional Shaker hood
- 1971-inspired design, both inside and out, features refined exterior styling updates and heritage muscle-car appearance with new split grille, more pronounced and functional power bulge hood, LED halo headlamps and LED tail lamps
- All-new interior includes 1971-inspired high-sill center console and driver-focused instrument panel, aluminum bezels and 14 interior color and trim options, including throwback Houndstooth premium cloth, Radar Red, or Pearl and Alcantara suede and leather high-performance seats
- Segment-first eight-speed automatic transmission delivers world-class precision and fuel efficiency, along with Sport mode and paddle-shifting capabilities for enhanced performance and an improvement in fuel economy
- Significant new technology upgrades feature all-new class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen media center with Uconnect Access system, new class-exclusive 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable cluster display, electronic shifter and Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start across all models
- More than 70 safety and security features, including new for 2015 class-exclusive Forward Collision Warning, adaptive cruise control, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
- Enthusiast-desired rear-wheel-drive (RWD) architecture with advanced technological solutions:
- New electric power steering (EPS) now provides three driver-selectable steering modes: Normal, Comfort and Sport
- All-new cast-aluminum axle housing reduces weight
- Updated suspension – Super Track Pak now available on all models
- Standard Sport mode adjusts throttle, transmission and steering performance
- All-new Dodge Performance Pages provide configurable drive modes
- New launch control improves offline acceleration performance
- Available Brembo four-piston high-performance brakes reduce stopping distance
- Electronic shifter functions, such as a linkage shifter, provides visual and physical feedback of gear position
April 17, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The horsepower wars are alive and thriving, and the Dodge brand shook the foundation of the Jacob Javits Center in New York with the roaring exhaust note of its new 2015 Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI® Scat Pack Shaker model during the auto show reveal of its newest evolution of an iconic American Muscle car.
“For 2015, we’re going deep with the remake of the Dodge Challenger,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO – Dodge Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “The iconic 1971 Challenger inspired the design of this modern day muscle car, but the recreation of this classic styling extends well beneath the surface of the sheet metal. We have completely re-engineered the Challenger with a new best-in-class 485 horsepower 392 HEMI and TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission powertrain, an upgraded suspension, new class-exclusive technologies and a completely new interior.”
The 2015 Challenger is available in eight trim levels: SXT, SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Plus, R/T Shaker, R/T Plus Shaker, 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker (late availability for Shaker). It will be built at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant. Production is scheduled to begin in the third quarter of 2014.
Building on record-setting sales success as the segment is set to grow by almost 50 percent in the next five years
Dodge is building on tremendous sales momentum as it introduces the new 2015 Challenger. In March of 2014, the Dodge brand reached a significant milestone, with Challenger and Charger sales combining to sell a total of more than 1 million units in the United States.The previous generation Challenger scored five solid years of continuous sales growth. In fact, in its fifth year in the market, when most cars are on their natural decline curve, the Dodge Challenger set an all-time sales record in 2013, doubling sales since its launch in 2009.
Looking to the future, the standard specialty segment in which the Challenger competes is projected to grow substantially in the United States. With nearly 430,000 units sold last year, the segment is up 10 percent since 2009 and is projected to grow more than 42 percent in the next five years, giving Dodge, and Challenger, a huge opportunity to grow with it.
New feature highlights on the 2015 Dodge Challenger include:
- New class-exclusive standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission provides improved performance and fuel economy
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 delivers 305 horsepower
- 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with up to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
- New 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with an estimated 485 horsepower with 475 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
- 0-60 mph in the mid-4 second range with new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- Quarter mile in low-12 second range
- Top speed of 182 miles per hour (mph)
- World-class stopping power with new available four-piston Brembo® brakes
- New launch control and three-mode electronic stability control (ESC) with “full off” mode
All-new heritage inspired interior with unmatched customization
- Fourteen all-new interiors with new retro colors, including Houndstooth, Tungsten Torque, Ballistic II premium cloth, and Pearl White or Ruby Red leather sport seats
- New heated and ventilated performance seats available in Nappa leather and Alcantara suede
- New Dodge race-inspired heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with available paddle shifters
Iconic exterior styling
- New heritage-inspired split grille surround
- New projector headlamps with halo light-emitting diode (LED) surrounds
- New projector fog lamps
- New heritage-inspired split LED tail lamps with Gloss Black surround
- Retro and high-impact exterior colors ranging from Sublime Green and B5 Blue to TorRedNine wheel options, including new 20-by-9-inch lightweight forged aluminum wheels in Hyper Black II finish
New state-of-the-art technology features
- New class-exclusive eight-speed TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- New electric power steering
- New class-exclusive standard 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable cluster with “tic-toc-tach” gauges
- New class-exclusive available 8.4-inch touchscreen
- New ParkView rear backup camera
- New Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call and roadside assistance
- New selectable drive modes to adjust steering effort, engine and transmission response, and electronic stability control settings through all-new Dodge Performance Pages
- New class-exclusive electronic shifter paired with eight-speed automatic transmission
New iconic heritage models
- R/T and R/T Plus Shaker models with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 deliver up to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque (late availability)
- New 6.4-liter Scat Pack model with an estimated 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque with six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic
- Exclusive new 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker, powered by the best-in-class 485 horsepower engine, offers maximum throwback heritage styling with performance hardware (late availability)
New class-exclusive safety and security features
- New adaptive cruise control
- New Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
- New Forward Collision Warning
Sleeker, sexier heritage-inspired exterior styling to improve both form and function
Inspired by the iconic 1971 Challenger, all 2015 models take on a bold new appearance that draws on the 1971 model’s split-grille and split-tail lamp cues, updated to 2015 with four signature LED headlamp halo surrounds offset by piano black trim. Single projector-beam headlamps at each front corner light the road ahead. High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps are also available.
In profile, the 2015 Challenger’s signature muscle car proportions and large thruster rear-quarter panels stand out from the crowd, while fender and belt lines tie together at the front and rear of the car to create a sleeker appearance. Nine wheel designs are available, including all-new forged aluminum lightweight 20-by-9-inch wheel design finished in Hyper Black II, which provides a unique anodized metallic look with a flush body-side appearance. Meatier high-performance three-season rubber is available on the Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker models.
A new split tail-lamp design continues the historic 1971 model’s inspiration. For a modern look, the Dodge brand’s signature LED treatment creates a single ribbon of light within each lamp. A redesigned rear valance provides the 2015 Challenger with a widened, more planted appearance, while fascia-mounted exhaust tips (with the Pentastar V-6 engine) provide a high-performance finished look.
Heritage and high-impact exterior colors range from B5 Blue and Sublime Green to TorRed. Seven different stripe options give Challenger drivers the ability to get instant customization straight from the factory.
All-new driver-focused interior sculpted with ’71 Challenger cues
Inside the 2015 Dodge Challenger is an all-new enthusiast designed cockpit featuring world-class materials, execution and technology, also inspired by the interior of the 1971 Challenger.
To highlight the muscle car’s performance abilities, the 2015 Dodge Challenger is designed with a performance cockpit that embodies the trapezoidal themed exterior in an artistic and more organically styled way.
Dodge Challenger’s all-new cleanly executed instrument panel features an aluminum-stamped driver’s bezel that establishes the driver’s cockpit. For a high-tech look, an innovative 7-inch TFT instrument cluster screen extends through the driver’s bezel and provides a customizable display. The all-new gauge cluster features an analog speedometer and tachometer that straddle the TFT customizable instrument cluster and provide a heritage-inspired “tic-toc-tach” look with throwback radial numbering and concave shape. Additionally, the center stack neatly houses the new standard 5-inch and segment’s largest available 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreens.
A new trapezoidal shaped aluminum-stamped high-sill center console provides Dodge Challenger’s interior with a fresh, asymmetric look, while the leather-wrapped surface and French-seamed accent stitching exudes craftsmanship and style. With its unique elevated design, the all-new center console houses additional controls for the Uconnect touchscreen above with ergonomically located redundant button and knob controls for audio and climate functions. An all-new media hub with an SD card slot, USB outlet and auxiliary audio input is neatly housed inside the center console’s armrest.
A new Dodge steering wheel features a sculpted rim so the driver’s hands have a sure grip at the 2- and 10-o’clock positions, while available paddle shifters (with automatic transmission) are located on the backs of the upper spokes. To make long cruises more comfortable, the new 2015 Dodge Challenger features redesigned seats with improved cushioning and more comfortable contours. Available in premium cloth, Ballistic Cloth, Nappa leather and Nappa leather with Alcantara Suede, Challenger offers performance seats with large side bolsters for maximum lateral support in hard cornering. For improved comfort and convenience, heated and ventilated front seats in Nappa leather are now available.
For 2015, the Dodge Challenger offers 14 different interior color and trim selections inspired by the muscle car’s roots. They include a wide variety of colors and materials, from throwback Houndstooth cloth to Ruby Red and Black, Tungsten and Black, and Pearl and Black premium leather sport and performance seats with accent stitching.
All-new Scat Pack 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 gives Challenger best-in-class power and efficiency
The story that packs the biggest power punch on the 2015 Dodge Challenger is its new Scat Pack 6.4-liter HEMI powertrain. This new Scat Pack car showcases the evolution of the performance brand while staying true to the muscle car’s 45-year heritage, with its roots harking back to Scat Pack performance stage kits offered on 1968-71 Challengers.
With a best-in-class 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque (projected), the 2015 Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI® Scat Pack Shaker models deliver up to an estimated 113 more horsepower and 65-lb.-ft. leap in torque compared with the 5.7-liter Challenger models — representing more than a 30 percent jump in horsepower and 18 percent jump in torque. The coupe’s best-in-class power enables it to turn mid 4-second 0-60 mph times and low 12-second quarter mile times.
An active electronically controlled exhaust gives the 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack a deep, throaty exhaust note in keeping with its heritage and track-bred credentials. Performance upgrades include Brembo four-piston caliper front brakes that deliver world-class stopping power, enabling a braking distance of 60-0 mph in 117 feet, performance suspension, an isolated rack-mounted electric power steering system (with three settings: Normal, Comfort and Sport), all-new 20-by-9-inch polished with black pocket aluminum wheels, high-performance tires, standard Dodge Performance Pages, which allow driver control over a range of vehicle settings, including steering feel, transmission response, stability and traction controls, and standard launch control. A Scat Pack 6.4-liter badge, a 180-mph radial-numbered speedometer, and aggressive front splitter and rear spoiler with an embedded ParkView rear backup camera complete the package.
A special Scat Pack Appearance Group adds a unique Bumble Bee rear stripe, Gloss Black grille surround, HID headlamps and unique 20-by-9-inch forged lightweight Hyper Black II matte aluminum wheels. The interior features Scat Pack embroidered high-performance seats, premium embroidered floor mats, animated Scat Pack logo in the cluster, a high-performance steering wheel and premium Alpine-branded audio system with 276-watt amplifier (late availability on interior content).
Challenger R/T models include legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine and available Shaker
For Dodge fans looking for the most affordable V-8 muscle car in America, the new 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T lineup features the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, which delivers up to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque with a six-speed manual transmission. When paired with the highly refined Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual, the Dodge Challenger R/T models feature a unique performance-tuned dual exhaust and under-floor mufflers with low-restriction bottle resonators. The result: 0-60 mph runs in the high-5-second range and a sinister exhaust growl for the cars left in its rearview mirror – a trademark of the original Challenger HEMI from 45 years ago.
When paired with the new, state-of-the-art ZF 8HP70 TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, the 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T models produce 372 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, and include innovative Fuel Saver Technology to seamlessly transition to high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand. For even more control, steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters are included. The result: quicker shifts, an engaging driving experience and even quicker 0-60 mph runs in the mid-5-second range.
The Shaker returns for 2015 on the R/T and the R/T Plus models, bringing the iconic engine-mounted, fully functional cold-air induction Shaker hood with up to 410 lb.-ft. of torque and unique wheels, interior trim, exterior styling cues and more.
Award-winning 305 horsepower Pentastar V-6 engine – now with standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission for improved responsiveness and improved fuel economy
Challenger SXT and SXT Plus models feature the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, which delivers 305 track-ready horsepower at 6,350 rpm and a responsive 268 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,800 rpm. A cold-air induction system and dual exhausts from the headers back to the exhaust tips help to deliver more than 90 percent of the engine’s peak torque from 1,800 to 6,400 rpm – all for outstanding drivability and responsiveness. Paired with the new standard eight-speed transmission, the Pentastar V-6 delivers improved fuel economy compared with the outgoing model.
Segment-exclusive eight-speed automatic now standard on 2015 Dodge Challenger
The 2015 Dodge Challenger’s segment-first eight-speed automatic transmission delivers world-class precision and fuel efficiency, along with a new electronic shifter, sport mode and paddle-shifting capabilities for more performance, as well as an improvement in fuel economy. Once limited to sedans costing twice as much, the new Dodge Challenger democratizes this exclusive world-class technology, offering the Torque-Flite eight-speed automatic transmission standard on every V-6 model for 2015.
The new 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T lineup and high-performance 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker trims offer the choice of a six-speed manual or the ZF 8HP70 electronic eight-speed automatic transmission. By design, this state-of-the-art gearbox provides world-class shift quality and refinement with enhanced performance and fuel efficiency. Paired with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine and its 400 lb.-ft. of torque, the Dodge Challenger R/T models can deliver 0-60 mph performance in the mid-5-second range. For even quicker acceleration, the Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker with 485 horsepower can do the same sprint in the mid-4-second range.
For customers looking for V-6 power and efficiency, the Dodge Challenger SXT models now offer the advanced TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission for 2015, delivering 0-60 in the low 6-second range.
The design of both eight-speed transmissions further contributes to efficiency. At 198 pounds (90 kg), it weighs just 8 pounds (3.6 kg) more than the previous Challenger R/T’s five-speed gearbox. Furthermore, the transmission features particularly close fifth through eighth speed gear ratios for smoother shifting, along with a lower cruising rpm in top gear for added refinement.
The legend returns with fully functional Shaker cold-air intake and complete Shaker appearance (late availability)
For Challenger owners looking for an even more aggressive appearance, Dodge brings back the legendary Shaker package, featuring a functional engine-mounted “Shaker” hood scoop and a full array of exclusive Shaker content. The all-new Shaker hood and scoop provide cold-air induction, along with a Mopar-branded cold-air intake fitted with a conical air filter, which feeds fresh air to meet the demands of the 6.4-liter V-8, as well as the 5.7-liter HEMI, at speed.
Shaker chassis upgrades include the standard Super Track Pak, which includes such performance upgrades as suspension, brakes and steering, as well as three-mode electronic stability control, including “full off” mode and Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires (all-season tires available). In addition to the prominent hood scoop, the Shaker special trim adds hood-to-tail Satin Black Shaker graphic stripes, Gloss Black grille surround, Satin Black rear spoiler and fuel filler door, Challenger script grille badge, “Shaker” badge underhood – just like the original – and 20-inch polished aluminum wheels with black pockets in satin finish (20-by-8-inch on R/T; 20-by-9-inch on 392 HEMI Shaker). R/T Shaker models add a unique “Shaker” badge on the Shaker scoop, while the 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker has a legendary “392 Shaker” badge on the Shaker scoop and a unique Bumble Bee badge on the fender. Two new heritage colors are available, Sublime Green and B5 Blue. They join TorRed, Billet Silver, Pitch Black and Bright White.
Inside, the Shaker package adds high-performance seats – available in Ballistic Cloth (R/T) or stitched and perforated leather seats with Shaker logo embroidery (R/T Plus, 392 Shaker) available in Dark Slate with Sepia accent stitching or Radar Red with Radar Red stitching, combined with a performance steering wheel, K-Black accents, bright pedals, a Shaker dashboard plaque and Shaker splash screen graphics in 7-inch TFT customizable cluster display.
Super Track Pak
For maximum performance on road and track, Challenger’s Super Track Pak provides a full complement of race-bred chassis upgrades and is now available on all Challengers, including 3.6-liter V-6 models for the first time. The Super Track Pak lowers the suspension by 0.5 inches and adds Bilstein shock absorbers, high-performance brakes and specially tuned suspension to provide a near 50-50 front/rear weight balance. The Super Track Pak comes complete with a shortcut button to the new Dodge Performance Pages embedded in the 8.4-inch touch screen radio and provides visible performance information, such as programmable shift light indicator, reaction time, 0-60 times, G-force indicator and lap times in the 7-inch TFT customizable cluster display.
Enthusiast-desired Rear-wheel Drive architecture with advanced technological solutions
As the Dodge brand’s performance coupe, the chassis of the new 2015 Dodge Challenger is designed, engineered and fine-tuned to deliver world-class performance and efficiencies thanks to its advanced technological solutions.
- Electric power steering (EPS)
- New EPS now provides three driver-selectable steering modes: Normal, Comfort and Sport. Tuning allows for more responsive steering for spirited driving while maintaining ease in low-speed situations and when parking
- All-new, lighter weight axles
- All-new cast-aluminum axle housing reduces weight, helping hold overall curb weight increase to a minimum despite considerable equipment additions
- Updated suspension tuning
- Sport-tuned suspension with 18-inch wheels now standard on all Challenger SXT models, while all Challenger R/T models now include larger 20-inch wheels with lower profile side walls and wider 245-series rubber for crisp handling
- Super Track Pak is now available on the Challenger SXT entry model, enabling all 2015 Dodge Challengers to deliver more performance thanks to a 0.5-inch lowered ride height with larger sway bars, Bilstein shock absorbers, Goodyear Eagle F-1 three-season high-performance tires (available all-season tires), high-performance brake linings and three-mode ESC, including “full off” mode
- Sport mode
- Sport mode provides blistering-quick gear changes with the eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission, reducing shift times by 37 percent (250 milliseconds vs. 400 milliseconds), while engaging a more aggressive transmission calibration. When Auto Stick is engaged with Sport mode, the driver can select and hold the desired gear without unexpected shifts, including at the redline
- Sport mode also engages a more aggressive throttle map and steering feel
- Electronic shifter
- Fully electronic shifter provides the intuitive look and feel of a traditional linkage shifter, with less shift effort and refined engagement with detents providing clear physical feedback of gear position. Like the available steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters, the new electronic shifter has a manual-mode shift gate for Auto Stick control
Technology features include all-new Uconnect system
From its updated award-winning Uconnect Access interface, to the availability of Uconnect Access Services with roadside assistance, Keyless Enter ‘n Go, theft-alarm notification, voice texting and the ability to turn the Challenger into a Wi-Fi hot spot to the new Dodge Performance Pages, 3-D navigation and a mobile app that allows drivers to open or lock their car from a distance, the 2015 Dodge Challenger delivers a slew of high-tech features for the ultimate driving experience.
The Challenger’s acclaimed Uconnect Access system leverages advanced embedded cellular technology, which enables direct, one-touch connections with emergency service providers, roadside assistance dispatchers and vehicle information specialists.
With its available mobile phone app, Challenger owners can start their vehicle and lock or unlock doors from a distance. Challenger owners also can access on-demand Wi-Fi, making their car a moving hot spot.
Challenger’s new for 2015 Uconnect Via Mobile lets customers enjoy their personal Internet radio accounts and stream audio content using their own mobile device data plans. It seamlessly brings four popular Internet radio apps into the Dodge Challenger. They are: Aha by Harman, iHeartRadio, Pandora and Slacker. Like all Uconnect-brand features, it is designed to be easy to learn and easy to use.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger’s available navigation system accommodates one-step voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics, making it simple for drivers to recognize where they are and where they need to go. The larger 8.4-inch touchscreen is also 29-percent larger than its predecessor.
Through the all-new Dodge Performance Pages available on the segment’s largest 8.4-inch Uconnect touch screen, Challenger drivers can reduce shift times from approximately 400 milliseconds to 250 milliseconds, increase engine and throttle responsiveness, adjust electronic stability control (ESC) settings and firm up the steering feel. Additionally, the system includes active launch control, launch control RPM settings, performance timers and performance gauges, such as G-force indicators and engine performance.
Upgrades add collision warnings, 9-1-1 Call Assist to Challenger’s list of 70-plus safety and security features
The 2015 Dodge Challenger occupants gain additional protection and accident-avoidance assistance, including Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path Detection and adaptive cruise control, to name just a few. Blind-spot Monitoring provides an alert if a vehicle is in an adjacent lane and audibly chimes to warn the driver. Forward Collision Warning alerts when the driver fails to react to an impending forward obstacle. The Challenger’s new adaptive cruise control matches traffic speed, accelerating to highway speed providing additional assistance whether on long highway drives or in heavy traffic. All-new rain-sensing wipers and automatic high-beam control aid the driver by assisting with common functions during inclement weather conditions. In addition, new for 2015, Challenger offers 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, which connects occupants – at the push of a button – directly with emergency-service providers via built-in cellular connection – exclusive to Chrysler Group’s Uconnect Access service.
About Dodge Brand
The Dodge brand is tearing into its centennial year with a keen eye focused on the future and a desire to create vehicles customers want to drive and are proud to park in their driveways. With 100 years of history, Dodge is building on the technological advancements of the ’30s and ’40s, design evolution of the ’50s, the racing heritage of the ’60s, the horsepower of the ’70s, the efficiency of the ’80s and unbelievable styling of the ’90s as it paves the road to its future. New for 2014, Dodge is kind of a big deal with its new 2014 Dodge Durango with a new eight-speed transmission that delivers up to 25 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway, a new 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment center and best-in-class power, towing and driving range, in addition to its class-exclusive technology. The new Durango joins a stable that includes the new 2014 Dodge Dart, with its breakthrough 2.4-liter 184-horsepower Tigershark engine, and the celebrated 2014 Dodge Avenger. Both earned 2014 Top Safety Pick status from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Also new for 2014, Dodge is bringing back the legendary throwback Shaker hood and offering special 100th anniversary editions of the Charger and Challenger with unique exteriors and interiors to celebrate the centennial. Completing the 2014 Dodge lineup are the Journey with its new Crossroad model and the 30th Anniversary Grand Caravan. The Dodge lineup features five vehicles with best-in-class power, seven vehicles that deliver 25 mpg or higher, three vehicles that deliver 31 mpg or higher and three vehicles that offer seating for seven.
Follow Dodge and Chrysler Group LLC news and video on:
Chrysler media site: http://www.media.chrysler.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dodge or http://www.twitter.com/chrysler
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dodge or http://www.youtube.com/user/dodge
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dodge or https://www.facebook.com/ChryslerGroup
Instagram: http://instagram.com/dodgeofficial or http://instagram.com/chryslergroup
Chrysler Connect blog: http://blog.chryslergroupllc.com
Corporate website: http://www.chryslergroupllc.com