We discovered yesterday how to make your $55,000 Audi A5 Cabrio look much like the hottest RS5 Cabrio — with the simple click of the $4,000 sport pack to upgrade to dark carbon-blade wheels and a darker, sporter front clip.
Is the RS5 also completely transformed and updated with its various add-on packages?
Yes and no.
There are three exterior themes available for the RS5 — but only the $3,000 Black Optics package is a must-buy. (Well, the Black Ops and the black Sport exhaust, actually.)
But the 2014 RS5 Black Optics package brings some of the most sinfully delicious gloss-black trim for all areas – along with some of the most gorgeous wheels of any car, at any price. The 20-inch “5-V” wheels on the RS5 Black Ops almost make the $25,000 upgrade in price from the $60,000 S5 seem like good value. Absolute heaven – and also updates the RS5’s style very effectively to compete well into 2015 with the M4 Convertible.
2014 Audi RS5 – Black Optics Package
2014 Audi RS5 – Matte Aluminum Optics Package
2014 Audi RS5 – Standard
- Parking system plus with rear view camera
- Audi connect online services
- HD Radio™ Technology
- Audi side assist
- DVD player
- MMI® Navigation plus
- Comfort package
- Head-level heating system
- Ventilated twelve-way power front comfort seats, including four-way power lumbar adjustment
- Perforated Milano leather seating surfaces
- Black Optic package
- 20″ Titanium 5-V-spoke-design wheels with 275/30 summer tires
- Carbon design package for the engine compartment
- Gloss Black Audi Singleframe® grille
- Body-colored exterior side mirror housings
- Sport exhaust system with Black outlets
- Tires with PAX system 255/700 R 500A 105Y
- Rear spoiler
- Driver Assistance package$2,750