Building a new M3 is remarkably simple – the main choices you need to ponder in advance are:
– Manual transmission or M-DCT transmission?
– Willing to stump for $8000 carbon brakes?
– Willing to upgrade the wheels to the 19-inchers (to avoid looking like a 320i rolling on mini skateboard runners).
Besides that, the rest of the options book really writes itself. The level of customization inside with various leather colors really shames the exterior paint finishes available — which seem pretty limited upon first glance.
Other options that seem like must-have items?
– Adaptive suspension for $1000
– Enhanced connectivity features for about $600
– Moonroof at zero cost
– Bi-xenon lighting upgrade – highly recommended