Orig Published on: Dec 31, 2013 @ 15:24
Is the 2014 Cayman the most rewarding sports car in the world?
The never-ending debate among shoppers remains strong with a new 911 Carrera and Cayman on the market in the same year.
Which is right for you? What are the benefits of each?
From an on-paper standpoint, the Cayman:
– Brings much of the 911’s new cabin luxury and tech
– Is extremely fast as a base or S model, with six-speed manual or seven-speed PDK choices
– Sharper turn-in and (arguably) more track confidence in Cayman than the 911 Carrera
– Looks fantastic, like a 918 Spyder or at least a very cool 911 Carrera — with some optional wheels
– Cheaper to buy, insure and maintain
Some highlights include:
– The new spoiler out back, whose ridges continue into the tail-lamps like the Carrera GT supercar.
– The new full-width LED brake light bar at the top of the rear window glass.
So now, they only choices left are: manual or PDK, 325-horsepower or 275, and a color that suits your style!
Porsche Cayman S – Color Visualizer
Porsche Cayman – Color Visualizer
2014 Porsche Cayman S
2014 Porsche Cayman
Cayman – Interiors