The Corvette C7.R and the new Z06 will make their debuts together next week at the first press conference of the first press day in Detroit.
2014 C7.R Monterey Rollout – (Pebble Beach, August 2013)
Chevy is in just about the finest pre-show condition it has been in years: the model lines are almost all fresh or forthcoming, and the new arrivals to Chevy dealers in calendar year 2014 mean this Detroit show needs to do its job. Forecast calls for massive press blitz for all the latest new models from General Motors:
– 2015 Suburban/Yukon/Escalade
– 2015 Silverado and Sierra HD
– 2015 Colorado
– 2015 Corvette Z06
– 2015 Chevrolet City Express (urban van related to Nissan NV200)
– 2014 Chevy SS performance sedan
– 2015 Tahoe
– Cadillac CTS, ELR future CTS variants, SRX concept possible
– Camaro Z/28
– Spark EV
– surely a few more I am forgetting at the moment.
So this is a big show for Chevy and General Motors. Details will flood the interwebs next week about the Z06 and new C7.R – the racing Corvette. But there are some clues about these important new supercars visible on Chevy’s own concepts, Z/28 tech details and other previews.
– shows enormous width gain, nearly full front splitter, new side mirrors, plexiglass day-light-openings, possible new LED headlights for racing, complete aerodynamics and ground effects boot camp graduate
2013 SEMA Corvette Stingray Concepts – Gran Turismo 6 Corvette Stingray and C7 Pacific
– the GT6 Stingray is perhaps the closest preview yet of the production Z06 model.
– enhancements appear to include the carbon-ceramic Brembo brakes from the Camaro Z/28, revised fenders with an extra flare, a deep lower front slitter and side spats, and the coolest rear spoiler since the clear plexiglass of the TVR Sagaris.
Corvette Stingray GT6 Concept at SEMA Show
Image credits: Corvette Stingray GT6 Concept at SEMA Show: